F-Body General Discussion Non-Corvette General Discussion on Camaro, Firebird and Trans Am, F-Body Technical Info, for sale

Now I have gone and done it! First gen Camaro goo roos step in please

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2016, 06:50 PM
68ACADIAN
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

What does the cowl/trim tag tell ya?? If built at Norwood it'll say a whole lot about the car......Is there an "N" in the vin?
Old 08-04-2016, 10:29 AM
centuryoldracer
Le Mans Master

Received 108 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by 68ACADIAN
What does the cowl/trim tag tell ya?? If built at Norwood it'll say a whole lot about the car......Is there an "N" in the vin?
I believe it was built in Norwood. What should I be looking for?
Do they ever hide build sheets in the seats? have already removed front and rear and looked in the springs. I once found a broadcast sheet on a 67 BB Chenille taped to the inside of the pass side door panel.

Last edited by centuryoldracer; 08-04-2016 at 10:38 AM.
Old 11-30-2016, 05:42 PM
64roadster
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

I have an '68 Z28 with numbers matching drivetrain. Bought it almost 20 years ago, freshened everything up and had it repainted. My car doesn't have the factory tach and gages so I can't speak to anything there. A lot of fun to drive, especially with higher RPMs.

Old 12-20-2016, 02:35 PM
68ACADIAN
Drifting

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

If it's a Norwood car chances are it came to Canada as an export there fore it maybe listed in our Historical services data base. I can't remember off hand but there is a number to call here in Canada(Ottawa actually) to get a print out of your car if you provide them with the Vin and a credit card-of course. A small price to pay to find out if it is or isn't a Z/28.
Old 12-20-2016, 10:58 PM
centuryoldracer
Le Mans Master

Received 108 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by 68ACADIAN
If it's a Norwood car chances are it came to Canada as an export there fore it maybe listed in our Historical services data base. I can't remember off hand but there is a number to call here in Canada(Ottawa actually) to get a print out of your car if you provide them with the Vin and a credit card-of course. A small price to pay to find out if it is or isn't a Z/28.
Thanks for the nice tip. The car is a Norwood built that lived in north Spokane Washington most or all of its life. So it is entirely possible it came through Canada.
Old 03-06-2017, 11:46 AM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Only drawback with running that set-up on a street car, is you'll constantly hear the sucking sound of the carb
Fortunately I dont get that noise some do some dont
car makes so much noise id never hear it a stereo would be a waste of money for me.

Keep the Zs coming
Uncle bought a blue/white one brand new i was hooked when I saw that thing. Wasnt even 10 but knew what that car was and how special it was always bugged him to start it

Quick Reply: Now I have gone and done it! First gen Camaro goo roos step in please