F-Body General Discussion Non-Corvette General Discussion on Camaro, Firebird and Trans Am, F-Body Technical Info, for sale

Trans Am not as low as I thought

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2016, 09:22 AM
Atomic6
Pro

Received 237 Likes on 126 Posts
Default Trans Am not as low as I thought

I rarely park my C4 in this garage and really didn't realize the height difference between the two cars. I always thought the T/A was really low. I guess not (it isn't the camera angle either). No wonder my poor 80+ year old neighbor can't get out of the thing when he goes to shows with me.

Attachment 48047933

Last edited by Atomic6; 11-06-2020 at 07:52 AM.
Old 12-25-2016, 05:11 PM
wu6fiend
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

My Firehawk is even lower than the stock 4th Gen Trans Am/Formula with the OEM springs/de Carbon shocks, as it has the optional Bilstein/Eibach package.

I have to be really careful on the gigantic speed bumps (humps) that some parking lots now favour, particularly of the exhaust pipe below the passenger seat, and my driveshaft loop, which hangs down too. Some parking lots have been made just about impossible to enter/exit, so I don't even bother trying to go into them when I have the Firehawk out.

Add to that the enormous doors, and the low ride height, these are not cars for those with any physical limitations. My neighbour was telling me she had a mint 4th Gen Firebird that she sold, due to it being increasingly hard for her to get in and out of. Still misses it, though.
Old 12-26-2016, 10:35 AM
Atomic6
Pro

Received 237 Likes on 126 Posts

^^ Oh those doors! My wife still complains about them 15 years later.

Get notified of new replies

To Trans Am not as low as I thought

Quick Reply: Trans Am not as low as I thought