F-Body General Discussion Non-Corvette General Discussion on Camaro, Firebird and Trans Am, F-Body Technical Info, for sale

Winters comming ...got to work on the old F body

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2017, 04:51 PM
glava2876
Burning Brakes

Received 272 Likes on 144 Posts

Default Winters comming ...got to work on the old F body

Winters coming... finally put the Camaro up on jack stands and took off the factory rims to sand and repaint. From day one you could almost see through a lot of the paint on the rims.
About 7 years ago I did a fresh up on the rims, but for some reason the paint has started lifting and cracking in the corners of the spokes.
I'll get these all sanded, crank the heat up to 70 in the garage and then prime & paint them -I don't want to do too good a job, because the Z has all original paint and if these look too good -they won't match LOL
Attached Images     
Old 11-10-2017, 07:59 AM
leadfoot4
Team Owner

Received 1,341 Likes on 1,093 Posts

It's not easy to refinish those wheels, with all their nooks and crannies. I had a set of those, once, as they were standard equipment of a Chevelle SS that I once owned.

Good luck!
Old 11-10-2017, 03:19 PM
glava2876
Burning Brakes

Received 272 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by leadfoot4
It's not easy to refinish those wheels, with all their nooks and crannies. I had a set of those, once, as they were standard equipment of a Chevelle SS that I once owned.

Good luck!
Thanks! I guess it gives me something to work on in the garage during the cold and snow.
Then its time for fluid change changes for everything, including the engine, tranny, rear end and brake fluid.

Get notified of new replies

To Winters comming ...got to work on the old F body