Notices
F-Body General Discussion Non-Corvette General Discussion on Camaro, Firebird and Trans Am, F-Body Technical Info, for sale

Stock ls1 turbo

Old 01-04-2019, 09:08 PM
Dustin Lorey

Default Stock ls1 turbo

im turboing my stock ls1 just seeing what hp number I could be looking at itís my first and a learning curve. It has stock bottom end and stock heads I did put ls9 headgaskets and arp headbolts has double valve springs push rods custom grind turbo cam by comp cam 60# injectors 78mm on3 turbo air to water truck manifolds aem meth th400 ďbuiltĒ 10 bolt 4:10 gear (going to wait until it breaks) before going to a 9inch
Old 01-05-2019, 07:31 PM
RJ-92
CF Senior Member

You can make pretty good power on a stock LS1 w boost. They're pretty durable too. The weakest point are the pistons, particularly the ringlands. Often what blows them up is rings binding and poping off part of your ringlands.

If you haven't buttoned everything down yet, id take the pistons out and open up the ring gap a little. I don't remember what factory spec is, but if it's. .020 open them up to like .035 and you can push a stock motor to ~700+ with no worries as long as you have a proper tune.

Search this Thread
Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: