F-Body General Discussion Non-Corvette General Discussion on Camaro, Firebird and Trans Am, F-Body Technical Info, for sale

2001 WS6 TransAm for sale (Dallas)

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2019, 05:12 PM
JMinotaur
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 2001 WS6 TransAm for sale (Dallas)

Price:
$9k or best offer

Description:
For sale is my 2001 Trans Am WS6. It is a real WS6 that I bought in 2008 because it was my dream car. It is in good shape and has had no accidents; everything works as it should. Never raced and the engine and transmission are stock.

With the suspension modifications below, it handles great, but it is rough on broken pavement. Once on the highway, it is smooth and comfortable. I am selling because my family no longer comfortably fits in the car so it is time for someone else to enjoy it.

Mods:
Stereo – Custom stereo includes a double din JVC CD / DVD, head unit with Bluetooth, Boston Acoustics front speakers, Alpine 5 channel amp and Polk subwoofer in a custom box. It sounds great.

Suspension / Drivetrain - Strano Bilstein shocks and springs so it sits a little bit lower, strut tower brace, subframe connectors, Detroit Truetrac rear differential (replaced because the stock Torsen went out)

Misc. – Tinted windows, both headlight motors have been rebuilt with brass gears, VATS is bypassed

Recent Maintenance:
New water pump and hatch struts

Tires are Nitto G2’s with good tread and are a matched set.

Known issues:
The paint is not in perfect shape. The car has a decent number of miles and is not garaged. There is some sun fading on the hood. As you can see in the pictures, it still looks nice when all cleaned up. There is a scuff on the passenger's door near the mirror (see photos) from where my wife bumped it in the driveway.

The rear main seal has a very slow leak but it still doesn’t need oil between oil changes.

Occasionally, if the car is hot and sits for an hour, it will take a few extra cranks to start up. I’ve had my mechanic look at it twice and replaced a handful of parts with some improvement.

If you take it through a car wash, the t-tops will leak slightly. In anything other than a real downpour though, they do not leak.

Notes:
Title is clear and in hand. The first person to show up with cash gets the car. I will not hold it for you or accept payments / trades.

Pics:
Amazon Amazon

Last edited by JMinotaur; 06-17-2019 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Price change
Old 04-09-2019, 03:10 PM
JMinotaur
Intermediate

Decent number of views but no replies. Any opinions about the car and/or price? Anything I didn't put in the ad that you would like to know?
Old 04-16-2019, 08:11 AM
TLS_Addict
Team Owner

Received 677 Likes on 347 Posts

Looks well maintained but the price is quite high. There are cars with half the miles for the same or less out there.

Too bad you can't keep it. By no way am I bashing you or your car so please do not take it as such.
Old 04-16-2019, 12:27 PM
davered00ss
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts

Price seems high for mileage and condition. There are several local in my area with half the miles for half the price. not in the market, just posted because you asked.

Dave
Old 04-16-2019, 02:07 PM
TLS_Addict
Team Owner

Originally Posted by davered00ss
Price seems high for mileage and condition. There are several local in my area with half the miles for half the price. not in the market, just posted because you asked.

Dave
While I agree on price I don't see 65k mile examples selling for $6.5k. Show me 10 and I will buy all 10 of them.

My 99 6-speed SS one owner with 54k miles, quite a few SLP add ons, and in very good condition was under $10k. Granted they dont pull quite the same dollars as a Ram Air TA but still, it's a comparison. My friends 99 Ram Air convertible A4 with under 40k miles didn't pull $11k. Dash was cracked ever so slightly and it was 100% stock.

Last edited by TLS_Addict; 04-16-2019 at 02:09 PM.
Old 04-17-2019, 07:18 AM
davered00ss
Pro

https://providence.craigslist.org/ct...847156591.html
https://providence.craigslist.org/ct...847156591.html - same high miles though
https://providence.craigslist.org/ct...847156591.html - rare color

I have been looking for an SS, and see a lot of T/A's pop up. Like I said, he asked for an opinion and I gave one. Just an opinion.

I sold my built 2000 SS for $6,500 with 90K on it. in 2016 I would keep the car if I were him.
Old 04-17-2019, 09:12 AM
TLS_Addict
Team Owner

There are a BUNCH of creampuff SS LS1 cars down here by me. Glad to look at them if you like.

As for that car you posted. It's not a WS6 so the price is less than a comparable RAM AIR car. Hood, wheels/tires size does matter to most. I know I wouldn't pay the same for a regular TA as a WS6. Just for the cosmetics
Old 04-17-2019, 10:38 AM
davered00ss
Pro

odd, the links all come up the same. I must have done something wrong. there was a low mile sunset orange WS6 for $12K obo. I'm not a T/A guy unless its a 77-78, but this was tempting. Black one was WS6 with !50K for $6,500 M6.
Old 04-17-2019, 10:50 AM
JMinotaur
Intermediate

Thanks for all of the thoughtful replies and feedback. Much appreciated.

I had trouble determining what to ask for the car. When I looked locally, I found this one https://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/ct...865934365.html and it was listed for $14k at the time. I thought it was comparable to mine and the owner sounded like a straightforward and honest guy, so I priced under him. I agree that, nationally, you can find cars with fewer miles at or below my asking price.

So, what do you think the price should be?

Note that keeping the car is an option; I can just stash it in my parking garage at work and take it out when the mood suits me. However, I already have a BMW K1300S and C7 so I don't lack for fun things to ride/drive. But, life is pretty full these days with family, work, hobbies, etc., so it felt like the right time to let it go and simplify a little.
Old 04-17-2019, 11:13 AM
TLS_Addict
Team Owner

Nice BMW! Those are very very nice machines. Beautiful to say the least.

Quick sale it at $6-7k, ask $10 and maybe get $8-9k.

If it we're me put it in the parking garage. Or a drive on lift and park the C7 under it.
Old 04-17-2019, 11:14 AM
TLS_Addict
Team Owner

odd, the links all come up the same. I must have done something wrong. there was a low mile sunset orange WS6 for $12K obo. I'm not a T/A guy unless its a 77-78, but this was tempting. Black one was WS6 with !50K for $6,500 M6.
Please find the link to the $6.5k WS6.
Old 04-17-2019, 11:27 AM
JMinotaur
Intermediate

Yeah, I love the K. It just does everything so well.

At 6-7k it stays. I'd consider offers over 10k though.

Sadly, my garage has the lowest ceilings; I routinely bump my head on things. So, as much as I'd like a lift (handy for so many things + they look cool), there is just no way.

Originally Posted by TLS_Addict
Nice BMW! Those are very very nice machines. Beautiful to say the least.

Quick sale it at $6-7k, ask $10 and maybe get $8-9k.

If it we're me put it in the parking garage. Or a drive on lift and park the C7 under it.
Old 04-17-2019, 01:12 PM
TLS_Addict
Team Owner

The rub with these cars is just that. They are not worth much and if you ever want another good one ....good luck. lol

It just isn't a huge gain to sell them. I plan to hold mine for a very long time. Especially since I am awaiting a new motor and tranny
Old 04-17-2019, 01:24 PM
davered00ss
Pro

Please find the link to the $6.5k WS6.
https://longisland.craigslist.org/ct...851895729.html

not sure if its ws6 or just hood.

at a dealership on Long Island. Like I said, not looking for T/A's

I'd keep it. I missed my SS, but had 4 knee surgeries and could not press in the clutch for over a year. Now knee is better and I miss it.
Old 04-17-2019, 01:24 PM
davered00ss
Pro

I thought about picking this one up as a toy for my son and I to play with. Make it his car.
Old 04-17-2019, 03:40 PM
JMinotaur
Intermediate

My 8 year old thinks it is the coolest car in the world. But, hanging on to it for 8-years seems like a long time. But, if I do keep it, we could race / mod it together. Nice to have these options.

I thought about picking this one up as a toy for my son and I to play with. Make it his car.
Old 04-17-2019, 04:13 PM
TLS_Addict
Team Owner

That 2002 from LI looks suspicious. 16" wheels, no badge on the back. Make me think they added the rain air hood. Ton of miles. That's still over priced to me. I wouldn't pay more than $5k if I was desperate to have one.

Also it's an auto. I just couldn't buy one, well, unless the wife wanted one. Not poking at anyone I just have had an auto LS car and I hated driving it. It ran great but just no fun for me.

Get notified of new replies

To 2001 WS6 TransAm for sale (Dallas)

Old 04-17-2019, 05:09 PM
JMinotaur
Intermediate

Manuals are a lot more fun and I wrestled with the decision to get an auto for a long time (this is way back in 2008). It boiled down to the fact that I had a six speed C5 coupe so I didn't "need" another manual. And, I was mostly commuting in the WS6 where a manual would have been substantially less fun. Overall, the auto has been fine and, looking back, I made the right choice at the time. And, well, now I can just hop in the C7 when I want to bang gears.

That 2002 from LI looks suspicious. 16" wheels, no badge on the back. Make me think they added the rain air hood. Ton of miles. That's still over priced to me. I wouldn't pay more than $5k if I was desperate to have one.

Also it's an auto. I just couldn't buy one, well, unless the wife wanted one. Not poking at anyone I just have had an auto LS car and I hated driving it. It ran great but just no fun for me.
Old 04-17-2019, 05:10 PM
JMinotaur
Intermediate

What sort of motor and tranny?

The rub with these cars is just that. They are not worth much and if you ever want another good one ....good luck. lol

It just isn't a huge gain to sell them. I plan to hold mine for a very long time. Especially since I am awaiting a new motor and tranny
Old 04-17-2019, 07:25 PM
TLS_Addict
Team Owner

Originally Posted by JMinotaur
Manuals are a lot more fun and I wrestled with the decision to get an auto for a long time (this is way back in 2008). It boiled down to the fact that I had a six speed C5 coupe so I didn't "need" another manual. And, I was mostly commuting in the WS6 where a manual would have been substantially less fun. Overall, the auto has been fine and, looking back, I made the right choice at the time. And, well, now I can just hop in the C7 when I want to bang gears.
Understand. For that case I could see it.

Originally Posted by JMinotaur
What sort of motor and tranny?
New 5.3 sleeved and stroked to 440 with some MMS 265 heads and ported MSD Intake. Trannys a T56 Magnum with a 2.66 first gear and .6X 6th. The rear is a Dana S60 with 3.73s. Suspension is level 3 Konis with heavy sways and springs.

Should be fun.

Last edited by TLS_Addict; 04-17-2019 at 07:36 PM.

Quick Reply: 2001 WS6 TransAm for sale (Dallas)