F-Body General Discussion Non-Corvette General Discussion on Camaro, Firebird and Trans Am, F-Body Technical Info, for sale

1999 Camaro SS Build.

Old 05-11-2019, 03:17 AM
Patriot10
CF Senior Member

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

Awesome ride.
Old 05-13-2019, 12:22 PM
TLS_Addict
CF Senior Member

Received 52 Likes on 39 Posts

Heads and intake have arrived!!!!!

I would post some more pics of the intake and heads but with being sick 2 days last week and getting behind I just don't have the time.

What I can say is that everything looks great. I can't wait to get the rest in so that this thing can start to come together. I'm getting itchy waiting. lol
Old 05-17-2019, 12:24 PM
vince clortho
CF Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TLS_Addict View Post
Wow! Sharp car. Those wheels do look good on there. I was thinking maybe some CCW's but not sold on them.

Yes, I have driven the car the way it is and with the cutout open it's loud but not bad. However that's with the stock engine so it's pretty tame sounding. With the exhaust cutout closed it sounds good through the SLP Dual Dual system with no drone. It's not as loud as the other aftermarket units though but I am ok with that

Will do. I modded my last C6 with a blower so I feel your pain on the Corvette tax. My entire exhaust was cheaper on this than just the headers on my 2013 C6. That being said I will have more $$ invested into the drive train in this than a decently low mile C6 Z06 goes for. lol I guess I'm not too bright.
Thanks, mine is all stock too so the exhaust should be fine. Hoping to get it done soon.
Old 05-17-2019, 07:29 PM
TLS_Addict
CF Senior Member

Received 52 Likes on 39 Posts

I have the SLP Dual Dual so it's the quietest cat back you will find. But with full exhaust it's nice and doesn't drone. If you can fine one get it. But I think there are some others that sound good but with drone it's tough to say what combo will and will not have it.

What headers/mid are you looking into? Also, is yours auto or manual?
Old Today, 02:20 PM
RedLS1GTO
CF Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Last edited by RedLS1GTO; Today at 02:20 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1999 Camaro SS Build.

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: