Factory Correct Resto Corvette Restoration Tips, Bodywork, Numbers Matching, Period-Correct Modifications or Original Condition

Still trying to figure what to do...

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2001, 02:03 PM
Brass
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

with the Urban Legend. I've been going over it (about the third time I had to take the photos...) and I can't figure if I should sell it as a strong Bowtie candidate, or just fix the few things it needs and THEN sell it as a strong Bowtie candidate, or just drive it after I fix all the stuff. The darn thing is so original it would be a shame to turn it into a daily driver, but hell, that's what they are for, isn't it?
What would you people do?

Bill the confused dum furriner
Old 08-02-2001, 02:33 PM
JmpnJckFlsh
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ah, Bill, the old Bowtie owner conflict. Didn't you ever hear Everett Ogilvie express his quandry?

If it were me, I would get some good guidance on what I could "fix up" without jeopardizing its Bowtie status in the slightest, get the car judged, and then submit it for Bowtie judging. It sounded like a shoo-in. The problem for you is, where can you get it judged.

Then, if it Bowties, and the burden of owning a Bowtie is too much, sell the car. You will get more for the car with the Bowtie award, since it is no longer a potential Bowtie candidate, but is the bonafied real deal. I couldn't handle owning a car like that; driving my restored 70 will be hard enough.

If you sell it to someone else, then they can abrogate their responsibility if they like, but at least you don't have to be a party to it.

[This message has been edited by Chuck Sangerhausen (edited 08-02-2001).]

Quick Reply: Still trying to figure what to do...