Factory Correct Resto Corvette Restoration Tips, Bodywork, Numbers Matching, Period-Correct Modifications or Original Condition

Carlisle Photos #2

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2001, 01:40 PM
3X2-427
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Carlisle Photos #2 (Patrick Tighe)

Patrick:
looks like my twin, tri power??? :smash:
Old 08-25-2001, 03:06 PM
JOHNL
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man,I wish I was there!
Old 08-26-2001, 12:14 AM
GDaina
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yo, Patrick, where where ya today (Sat)? I was lookin' for you and Tom McCabe all day. Even sacrificed and went over to the NCRS tent to see if anybody saw you. A gal I was talking to, a real stiff, asked who I was, and politely, I identified myself, and right away she started getting in my face about the old forum. Well, being the nice, polite guy that I am, I informed her the conversation was not directed at her, she shouldn't worry about it, if it bothered her, why did she read it, and last it did not affect her. She wouldn't let it die, so I turned around and walked away, rather than get in a argument with a squacker. About two hrs later, I come back, hoping someone has seen you or Tom, theis same squacker spots me, gets Chucky Berge (sp), and he starts squacking. Please, I'm here to hunt up two friends.

Chucky did give some insight, said the Forum was an embarrasement and the foul language..I cut him off, I said, that's history, water over the dam. Don't wato talk about it. These people live in a cocoon.
Old 08-26-2001, 05:12 AM
67's
Le Mans Master

Received 381 Likes on 267 Posts

Default Re: Carlisle Photos #2 (GDaina)

Patrick, I looked at that BB, but it was already sold :cry Did you see the red one on the fence that the guy was asking $90K sold on Fri :eek: someone must have wanted it reaaalll bad. I came home with no new car :( I did like that LT-1 project also it looked interesting, so did the 66 coupe red no motor or tranny, for $15K in the corral.

George, I was walking out with a set of sidepipes and covers at noon so I didn't get to the tent today :( And yesterday was a real bust, I think at noon there were about 10 of us.

Tom
Old 08-26-2001, 10:39 AM
JmpnJckFlsh
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yup, as you can see from my picture, I wuz up at the NCRS tent about 11:30 AM Friday. I tried to go in the tent but some hefty guy with a short black beard and a heavy New York accent told me it wasn't open until 12 noon. I think it was Vinnie, but didn't ask.
Patrick, it might have been "Vinnie" from New York, but that doesn't sound like "Vinnie the Prez": "Vinnie the Prez" is tall but not exactly "hefty"; I would say trim for a guy his age. What hair he has on top is gray. He didn't have a beard in Galveston, but if he had, it definitely would have been gray.

It's interesting that you guys are encountering verbal abuse now for what seems to me to be a difference of opinion; it's almost as if nobody could say anything until the BoD said it was OK. Perhaps, we are now sensitized to behavior that was always there; but if not, I hope this attitude of making dues-paying members feel like third class citizens does not persist much longer.

Thanks for the pictures, Patrick. They were a big help to the Carlisle-deprived. :D
Old 08-26-2001, 06:06 PM
allenz
Pro

Default Re: Carlisle Photos #2 (Chuck Sangerhausen)

Great Pictures...thanks. I had a choice: either go to Carlisle or go to a Crosby, Stills and Nash concert..........3rd row from the stage, center seats.

I went to the concert.............figured that I can go to Carlisle next year. By the way..........awesome concert!
Old 08-27-2001, 11:19 PM
Roberto Luis
Intermediate

Great pictures, thanks for sharing it.
Roberto, NCRS #30019, RMC
Old 08-28-2001, 09:26 AM
allenz
Pro

Default Re: Carlisle Photos #2 (Roberto Luis)

Patrick,

No .44 that I could see. Interesting though, Crosby and Nash made some comments about things done in the past.......maybe he has turned a corner.

Also, Crosby just turned 60 last week! yikes! They still can pump out great tunes, though.

Allen :D
Old 08-29-2001, 09:03 PM
cor66vette
Le Mans Master

Received 1,308 Likes on 690 Posts
C3 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019
C2 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019

Patrick-Thanks for the glimpse of Carlisle.
Old 08-30-2001, 01:27 AM
bowtie racing
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hello Patric! Thank you for the nice pictures, i wish i could be there!!

Can you tell me anything about that white 53-54 wich is on trailer,you had one side wiev in your first set of pic s too.

thanks ,Joni

Get notified of new replies

To Carlisle Photos #2

Quick Reply: Carlisle Photos #2