Factory Correct Resto Corvette Restoration Tips, Bodywork, Numbers Matching, Period-Correct Modifications or Original Condition

RE. Carlisle, if you could have bought any car there what would you have gone home with?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2001, 12:52 AM
67's
Le Mans Master

Received 380 Likes on 266 Posts

Default RE. Carlisle, if you could have bought any car there what would you have gone home with?

For me it would have been
1) Rich's '58
2) the Motion GT in the Saloon, I really like the old couple that own it, I have talked to them for the last 2 years.
3) The blue 2002 Z06 if the poster girl came with it :D

Tom McCabe
Old 08-29-2001, 01:10 AM
JmpnJckFlsh
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: RE. Carlisle, if you could have bought any car there...? (sting66ray)

The blue 2002 Z06 if the poster girl came with it :D
Was that a Kerbeck poster girl or one the General's? Last time I was in Carlisle, I had conflicting emotions at the Kerbeck tent...couldn't decide if I was in love with the girl or the LT4 Collector Edition convertible I was kind of half-way observing. :eek: :eek: :D
Old 08-29-2001, 09:25 AM
67's
Le Mans Master

Received 380 Likes on 266 Posts

Default Re: RE. Carlisle, if you could have bought any car there...? (Chuck Sangerhausen)

Keebeck, and the one handing out the posters, not on it :D

Tom
Old 08-29-2001, 10:25 AM
JmpnJckFlsh
Safety Car

Default Re: RE. Carlisle, if you could have bought any car there...? (sting66ray)

Ah, yes, the Kerbeck poster girls (in my best W. C. Fields imitation :hat ). :jester

Their career is nearly as short as that of a wide receiver that drops passes. :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

Actually, 96 wasn't the last time I went to Carlisle, but it was the last time I went WID' DA BOYZ. The next time I went to Carlisle, my wife went with me. She said she wanted to see Gettysburg. I have been known to talk in my sleep, but she has never mentioned anything specific about Carlisle. :D :D
Old 08-29-2001, 11:07 PM
Juliet
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Carlisle, if you could have bought any car there what would you have gone home with? (sting66ray)

One of those loudly painted C5 Pace cars - with the purple and yellow and the wild flag graphics down the side. I just LOVE the looks of them! :jester Every time I say I love that paint scheme my husband accuses me of going through a mid-life crisis... at 36! :lol:
Old 08-30-2001, 11:09 AM
Paul Borowski
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 274 Likes on 160 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
Cruise-In VI Veteran
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12

Default Re: Carlisle, if you could have bought any car there what would you have gone home with? (Juliet)

Juliet, I agree with Greg!!!!!!!! :yesnod:
Old 08-30-2001, 11:21 AM
JmpnJckFlsh
Safety Car

Default Re: Carlisle, if you could have bought any car there..? (Paul Borowski)

Yep, Paul, Dr. Sawzall is right about her unorthodox exterior color schemes, but he has mis-diagnosed der, uh...psychosis...Vat ve haf heah ist der repressed teene kinder, who has been too long serious und studying der higher matematik und flight dynamik, Ja? :D :D :D
Old 08-30-2001, 11:47 AM
Juliet
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Carlisle, if you could have bought any car there..? (Chuck Sangerhausen)

Sure, go ahead, razz me all you want. It still like them!!! And you certainly don't see them on the road for every day cars.... Hmmmm, must be because they attract every donut loving cop withint a 10 mile radius. :jester Anyone know how many were made with that paint scheme? My black book only goes through the C4s. ;) Maybe it's time to get a new one. ~Juliet :seeya
Old 08-30-2001, 12:10 PM
JmpnJckFlsh
Safety Car

Default Re: Carlisle, if you could have bought any car there..? (Juliet)

We wouldn't razz ya if we didn't like ya! :D :D

I must say this...when they were teenagers, one of my boys had a pair of "Vans" sneakers that looked just like those pace cars...well, not exactly like the pace car, but close enough. :D :D :D

You know why they attract cops? Because it screams "I AM SPECIAL AND I HAVE AN ATTITUDE PROBLEM". Cops (especially those Corvette deprived) would love for some rich, smart aleck Corvette owner to mouth off so he could make him/her assume the position, cuff them, and take them "downtown". Better still if they can add insult to injury by impounding the car and have it towed. :D

You know I am only kidding you, Juliet. :D You just made such a tempting target of opportunity. :jester
Old 08-30-2001, 01:52 PM
Juliet
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Carlisle, if you could have bought any car there..? (Chuck Sangerhausen)

You know I am only kidding you, Juliet. :D You just made such a tempting target of opportunity. :jester
I figured as much. :D Anyways, if I couldn't stand the heat I'd just get out of the kitchen. :yesnod:
Old 08-30-2001, 02:04 PM
R1234
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Carlisle, if you could have bought any car there..? (Juliet)

Hey Juliet,
Every now and then you could see Roy Jones jr.:boxing sporting around town in his. Isn't that the Indy Pace car version?
Old 08-30-2001, 02:30 PM
Juliet
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Carlisle, if you could have bought any car there..? (68rdstr)

Isn't that the Indy Pace car version?
Yes. 1998 I believe. I think they're totally kewl but not for the faint of heart! :jester Of course I really LOVED that chamelion paint that gal put on her C5 to get into the magazines too. ;) But it didn't come from the factory that way so fergidaboutid! :D The more you guys don't like 'em the more I do like 'em anyways. :cool:
Old 08-30-2001, 04:13 PM
GDaina
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

1) Rich's '58
2) the Motion GT in the Saloon, I really like the old couple that own it, I have talked to them for the last 2 years.
3) The blue 2002 Z06 if the poster girl came with it :D

Tom McCabe
Ditto here, actually I like his 67 better, and the girl handing out the posters, wanted to take her home with me.
Old 09-01-2001, 11:31 AM
67HEAVEN
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Re: (GDaina)

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Rich's '58
3) The blue 2002 Z06 if the poster girl came with it
Tom McCabe
________________________________________ _

Rich's C1 is a '62 (not '58). I, too, like his '67 better however.

Maybe I'm just partial!

[Modified by 67HEAVEN, 2:31 PM 9/1/2001]

[Modified by 67HEAVEN, 2:52 PM 9/1/2001]
Old 09-01-2001, 03:54 PM
PatsLs1vette
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Re: (67HEAVEN)

definitely richs 62 no doubt about it..... :eek:
Old 09-01-2001, 04:20 PM
JmpnJckFlsh
Safety Car

Well, gee, 67 Heaven, your vanity plate is interesting, but I always thought those were special plates just for RV's. :D

Seriously now, I was only kiddin ya, but we do see a lot of Ontario plates out here in the West...all on motor homes! Ontarians must be the only Canajuns affluent enough to afford the finer things of life. :D :D

[Modified by Chuck Sangerhausen, 1:21 PM 9/1/2001]
Old 09-01-2001, 04:39 PM
67HEAVEN
Le Mans Master

Default Re: (Chuck Sangerhausen)

I thought everyone knew.....Ontario IS Canada...just like Texas IS the good 'ol USA!

That otta put the fox in the henhouse! :lol:

[Modified by 67HEAVEN, 7:40 PM 9/1/2001]

Get notified of new replies

To RE. Carlisle, if you could have bought any car there what would you have gone home with?

Old 09-01-2001, 04:42 PM
67HEAVEN
Le Mans Master

Mind you....how many Texans know that Ontario is way bigger than the Lone Star State??? :eek:
Old 09-01-2001, 05:22 PM
JmpnJckFlsh
Safety Car

Yeah, but shoot, yawl Canajuns got nearly as much of the land mass as we did, but you only got, what, five "states" where we subdivided ours into 48 states.

Besides, the feds took New Mexico, Oklahoma, Colorado, and parts of states all the way up to Idaho away from us after the Mexican War, and made them into separate states. It wuz a land grab; you see, the BLM owns a lot of those states, but the only fed land in Texas had to be bought from individuals with tax dollars. :D :D
Old 09-01-2001, 07:16 PM
67HEAVEN
Le Mans Master

Default Re: (Chuck Sangerhausen)

Howdy there Chuck, pardner!

<<Yeah, but shoot, yawl Canajuns got nearly as much of the land mass as we did, but you only got, what, five "states" where we subdivided ours into 48 states.>>

Nearly as much land mass? Canada's land mass is 9.97 million sq. km., making it the second-largest country in the world after Russia. From east to west, Canada encompasses six time zones. The USA's land mass? 9.4 million sq. km., representing fourth in the world after Russia, Canada and China. NOTE: (for help in coverting sq.km. to sq.miles visit http://www.sciencemadesimple.net/EASYarea.html )

Five states? Nope, no states at all...there are ten Provinces and three Territories.

Subdivided into 48 states? Nope....50 plus D.C.

No matter, come on up anyway.....August/September is great snowshoe weather and there's always room in the igloo!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Quick Reply: RE. Carlisle, if you could have bought any car there what would you have gone home with?