Factory Correct Resto Corvette Restoration Tips, Bodywork, Numbers Matching, Period-Correct Modifications or Original Condition

What was the reason the NCRS board was closed?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2001, 10:10 PM
Chris@VetteFinders
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default What was the reason the NCRS board was closed?

Anyone?
Old 08-29-2001, 10:44 PM
JmpnJckFlsh
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: What was the reason the NCRS board was closed? (Rhys)

Rhys, where the heck have you been, man? We have cussed and discussed this subject, debated, dissected, analyzed it backwards and forwards, and the upshot is, well, we still don't know the answer.

For more information on this topic go down the Index toward the bottom of page 1 and read "Revival of the NCRS Discussion Board" created by Mike Ward. Then you will have heard all the opinions on this question that we heard before you got here. Draw your own conclusions. :D :D :D

[Modified by Chuck Sangerhausen, 7:46 PM 8/29/2001]
Old 08-29-2001, 11:06 PM
67's
Le Mans Master

Received 381 Likes on 267 Posts

Default Re: What was the reason the NCRS board was closed? (Chuck Sangerhausen)

George Daina ........................................ ........................................ ...........
. :jester :jester :jester Just Kidding.

Tom

P.S. Ask George about his trip to the NCRS tent this weekend.

Old 08-30-2001, 12:24 AM
PRNDL
Team Owner

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Default Re: What was the reason the NCRS board was closed? (Patrick Tighe)

Well, I have a theory. Perhaps some of yous guys were so close to the events you can't quite see it. The forum did not project a good image of the NCRS. (What did he say??? so what????) If you try to imagine a person unfamiliar with NCRS but interested in corvettes surfing in and finding the NCRS forum..... and all they find is a bunch of "drivel" and inside jokes, and if they try to ask a question about corvettes they get a load of crap, or maybe they stumble in on a pishing contest. I know the regulars had a lot of fun with it, but I bet it scared away more potential members than it brought in. It's a lot like what's now going on in Off-Topic. If someone looks at that forum, thinking it is a group of corvette enthusiasts, and what do you find? A preoccupation with bizarre concepts such as "freeposts" and "polls" and groundrules and definitions of these things and percentages and [BABE] posts and what is all this crap?

The other thing that was obviously irritating to the powers that be was the complaining about everything from the forum software itself to the late receipt of the driveline publication and the lack of online classifieds. They figured, why are we providing this forum for people to publicly heap abuse on us? You will note that even here on our beloved Corvetteforumdotcom, public rants about the forum itself are strongly discouraged. They welcome constructive criticism via email, but public complaining and whining will make you unpopular with the administration..... just like it did at NCRS.

So, that's my theory. Whaddayathink? MJ
Old 08-30-2001, 12:30 AM
JmpnJckFlsh
Safety Car

Default Re: What was the reason the NCRS board was closed? (Patrick Tighe)

Or, Patrick, you could say that they invited us to afternoon tea and crumpets, and we said, "Hell no, bring out the Budweiser and roasted peanuts", whereupon they did instruct a burly butler to cast us off the front stoop. :mad :cuss :boxing :jester :smash:
Old 08-30-2001, 12:34 AM
67's
Le Mans Master

Received 381 Likes on 267 Posts

Default Re: What was the reason the NCRS board was closed? (MNJack)

I agree, but you are leaving out the occasinal GM visitor, and the Azteck discussions.
Tom
Well, I have a theory. Perhaps some of yous guys were so close to the events you can't quite see it. The forum did not project a good image of the NCRS. (What did he say??? so what????) If you try to imagine a person unfamiliar with NCRS but interested in corvettes surfing in and finding the NCRS forum..... and all they find is a bunch of "drivel" and inside jokes, and if they try to ask a question about corvettes they get a load of crap, or maybe they stumble in on a pishing contest. I know the regulars had a lot of fun with it, but I bet it scared away more potential members than it brought in. It's a lot like what's now going on in Off-Topic. If someone looks at that forum, thinking it is a group of corvette enthusiasts, and what do you find? A preoccupation with bizarre concepts such as "freeposts" and "polls" and groundrules and definitions of these things and percentages and [BABE] posts and what is all this crap?

The other thing that was obviously irritating to the powers that be was the complaining about everything from the forum software itself to the late receipt of the driveline publication and the lack of online classifieds. They figured, why are we providing this forum for people to publicly heap abuse on us? You will note that even here on our beloved Corvetteforumdotcom, public rants about the forum itself are strongly discouraged. They welcome constructive criticism via email, but public complaining and whining will make you unpopular with the administration..... just like it did at NCRS.

So, that's my theory. Whaddayathink? MJ
Old 08-30-2001, 08:39 AM
allenz
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: What was the reason the NCRS board was closed? (sting66ray)

I personally think MJ hit it on the head.......Its the old my football - my rules. It worked when we were kids........
Old 08-30-2001, 11:04 AM
JmpnJckFlsh
Safety Car

Default Re: What was the reason the NCRS board was closed? (allenz)

Actually, Allen, I have been doing a lot of introspection lately, and I am having deep feelings of remorse. :cry :cry :cry

I am afraid I might have been the ONE that caused the "NoForum" switch to be thrown when I made that comment about rumors that GM would GIVE you a Corvette for FREE if you would buy an Aztek. Oops, oh no...Now two suits with dark glasses and ear pieces will be waiting for Troy outside his front door. :cry
Old 08-30-2001, 03:09 PM
Brass
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: What was the reason the NCRS board was closed? (MNJack)

Not bad, but I think it is unrealistic for anyone to expect that a group of guys who know each other well and have a common interest (Corvettes) remain "serious" all the time. The Tech Board is great (as is the tech info here) but sometimes it was fun to follow the ebb and flow of it all. I don't actually know any of the participants, but I had a lot of fun contributing the odd trenchant comment. It was just harmless fun. There are a lot of way serious people in this world - big mistake.

The rants here are kept to a minimum because this board is MODERATED and because the moderators listen. Besides, most of the rants that were encountered on the Forum are already supported here (on-line classifieds).

BTW, did you ever drive down to Somerville NJ for the Friday night cruise-ins? Good fun and good crowds!

Old 08-30-2001, 03:33 PM
GDaina
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Re: What was the reason the NCRS board was closed? (Chuck Sangerhausen)

Or, Patrick, you could say that they invited us to afternoon tea and crumpets, and we said, "Hell no, bring out the Budweiser and roasted peanuts", whereupon they did instruct a burly butler to cast us off the front stoop. :mad :cuss :boxing :jester :smash:
Chuckster, U are a stich....had a hard time picking myself off da floor from laughing. Man, my sides hurt.

Anyway, the official line, as tod to me by Chucky "Cheese" Berge, as I was casually strolling through the NCRS tent, WAS....are ya ready? WAS.....the prevelant use of foul language.....SAY WHAT? I dune tout nauty words were the seven you can't say on the Telly. To my recollection, I didn't hear anyone utter those words.

I think the Suits from GM put the squeeze on Guido. Course the description we gave of their new design team didn't help matters much. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 08-30-2001, 03:35 PM
GDaina
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Re: What was the reason the NCRS board was closed? (sting66ray)

George Daina ........................................ ........................................ ...........
. :jester :jester :jester Just Kidding.

Tom
Tom, what are, Joe Lucia in disguise? :D :D :D :D :D :D :cheers:

Get notified of new replies

To What was the reason the NCRS board was closed?

Quick Reply: What was the reason the NCRS board was closed?