Factory Correct Resto Corvette Restoration Tips, Bodywork, Numbers Matching, Period-Correct Modifications or Original Condition

Alternator fan/pulley finish

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 10:33 AM
theoUK
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Alternator fan/pulley finish

Tried this over in the C3 general section without much luck so far.. Perhaps it might do better here:

I've just acquired a used original alternator for my 1980 and I want to freshen it up a bit before putting it in the car. Can anyone with an original 80 tell me what the fan, pulley, nut, etc finishes should be? Ideally a couple of photos of a tidy original 1980 alt. would be what I'm after....

At the moment, the pulley has a light coat of silver paint on it which looks like an afterthought, the pulley's a kinda silver plated, almost galvanised finish - possibly nickel??
What kind of plating was normally used for the mounting and ground bolts?

Cheers folks!

Theo
Old 11-10-2006, 06:55 PM
LS6 Motor
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I like your 80, I had a brand new one right out of college. Looking at the pictures of the C3's, I miss that car so much now. It was red, with the Doeskin interior, glass tops, and the L82 motor.

I got into boats, and sold the car, what a mistake that was......but, I came to my senses about 10 years ago, and got back into Vettes.....
Old 11-11-2006, 12:49 PM
theoUK
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was red, with the Doeskin interior, glass tops, and the L82 motor.
Snap! Except for the L82, but I'm pretty confident it's up around (or slightly above) L82 power now anyway, it pulls pretty well.

It used to be Brown metallic, actually, before I had it.

As for the alternator question, well I went ahead and had all the bits done in a silver (possibly zinc?) finish, and it turned out great.

Theo

Get notified of new replies

To Alternator fan/pulley finish

Quick Reply: Alternator fan/pulley finish