Factory Correct Resto Corvette Restoration Tips, Bodywork, Numbers Matching, Period-Correct Modifications or Original Condition

Birdcage notches on original Midyear sidepipe cars....

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2002, 06:33 PM
67HEAVEN
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Re: Birdcage notches on original Midyear sidepipe cars.... (Patrick Tighe)

Originally with sidepipes, or not, we still like you Patrick. :D
Old 02-28-2002, 06:40 PM
Mac
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Birdcage notches on original Midyear sidepipe cars.... (Patrick Tighe)

You were just looking for an excuse to show us how clean the birdcage is on the beautiful car of yours, weren't you?

Patrick, if some people have nothing better to do than spread rumours regarding the originality of your sidepipes, they desperately need a life. I think you know where I stand on gossip and the spreading of rumours? :boxing
Old 02-28-2002, 08:53 PM
Chuck Gongloff
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 561 Likes on 349 Posts

Patrick. Have you revealed one of the "secret" (or not so secret) methods for detecting side pipes? :) You rascal. I thought all 67's came from the factory with side pipes. I was also told that there was a "side pipe delete" option for those that didn't want them. Chuck
Old 02-28-2002, 09:17 PM
67HEAVEN
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Birdcage notches on original Midyear sidepipe cars

Geesh Patrick. What position were you in to take that photo?

I've got a kink in my neck from looking at it! :lol:
Old 03-01-2002, 01:55 AM
67's
Le Mans Master

Received 381 Likes on 267 Posts

Who would say that, or are you just looking for another excuse to make me jealous?

Tom
Old 03-01-2002, 09:04 PM
Mac
Melting Slicks

Uuh, Patrick, I think you misinterpreted Tom's reply on your previous post about doing your best work on your back. You perhaps presumed he was replying to the initial post? Take another look :eek: and see if I'm right or :crazy:
Old 03-01-2002, 09:30 PM
Juliet
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

A canary told me this morning, there was a rumor floating around, apparently perpetuated by some malacious individual(s)? who have too much time on their hands...
Someone musta pissed in their wheaties or something. :jester
Old 03-01-2002, 09:47 PM
67HEAVEN
Le Mans Master

I think there about six of us who should meet somewhere in the centre of the continent just to see if the others are really as crazy as we are!
:lol: :crazy: :lol: :crazy: :lol:
Old 03-01-2002, 10:00 PM
JmpnJckFlsh
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Birdcage notches on original Midyear sidepipe cars.... (67HEAVEN)

So, 67Heaven, you think they are as crazy in the "centre" of the continent as some of us here??!!! :jester :jester
Old 03-01-2002, 10:02 PM
Mac
Melting Slicks

There are none so blind as they who will not see.....

Tom said the following, referring to your reply to 67Heaven's enquiry as to your position for photo where you said someone told you that you did some of your work in that position.

Who would say that, or are you just looking for another excuse to make me jealous? Tom
to which you replied

Tom, I'm really perplexed that someone would say that, since no one in the universe has seen my car personally, except the former owners and a few locals around here.

Now you know I would never try and make you jealous, but I think you need to make a serious plan. Get a space at Carlisle this summer, so you can get in on Thursday, which is set up day, general public not allowed. Even if you just park your car in the space, you can get a good look at what's for sale, before anyone else.

Remember that yellow '67 427-390 convertible up there last summer, that had a price on the windshield of $48,900? Now that was a sweet looking car, but as you know, it sold on Thursday, because I saw it Friday morning, on the first public day, at 7 AM and saw the "SOLD" sign on it. It's your only hope. :cheers:
So your reply to my attempt to foster effective communication make no sense since I'm not referring to the post where you respond to Chuck and 67Heaven- Tom was. From your reply, it appeared to me you thought Tom was referring to your original post re: the canary.

SO either I'm misinterpreting Tom's remark as a joke which you didn't get (which is possible as we Canajun tend to laugh at the strangest things) or you're missing the boat, Patrick.

OR you're just pulling my chain, Patrick OR I could just be insane but since this is my frame of reference, I can't objectively say if that's the case. The voices in my head say I'm okay. :crazy:
Old 03-01-2002, 10:17 PM
67HEAVEN
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Birdcage notches on original Midyear sidepipe cars.... (Mac)

Geesh Mac, my head's hurting after reading all that.

My wife says, "Tell him to stop before you get a headache on a Friday night!" :cry :conehead :lol:
Old 03-01-2002, 10:34 PM
Mac
Melting Slicks

So why do I keep getting the feel that my life is really a Monty Python skit and, at some point, John Cleese will wander into my house, wearing the top half of a tuxedo (and nothing else) and say in a halting voice "And now.... for something COMPLETELY different!"
Old 03-01-2002, 10:50 PM
Juliet
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Birdcage notches on original Midyear sidepipe cars.... (Chuck Sangerhausen)

So, 67Heaven, you think they are as crazy in the "centre" of the continent as some of us here??!!! :jester :jester
I dunno. As far as I'm concerned there's this really big void inbetween coastal areas. :D I've lived on Long Island (that's New York for you southerners), Boston, Huntington Beach and now Annapolis. I don't do no water. :jester

As for the 'best work' part. I'm respectfully ignoring that part of this thread on the grounds that my husband visits this board. :blueangel:
Old 03-01-2002, 10:54 PM
67HEAVEN
Le Mans Master

So why do I keep getting the feel that my life is really a Monty Python skit
Because it is........ :D

O Canada.......even our Mounties have fans in America!

Pssssst, Mac. Do the others here know your secret?
Old 03-01-2002, 11:09 PM
Mac
Melting Slicks

Ah! The voices in my head tell me all is coming clear at last!!

Okay- now we've got that all straightened out, let's examine this lovely picture posted by our friend, 67Heaven. Most everyone will recognize the main charactor, Constable Dudley Do-Right, but how many of you know the name of the dastardly character under his foot, the mustachio'd man of mayhem, the arch-villian?

Old 03-01-2002, 11:21 PM
67HEAVEN
Le Mans Master

but how many of you know the name of the dastardly character under his foot, the mustachio'd man of mayhem, the arch-villian?
Ssssssssssssssssnidely Whippppppppppppppplash!
Old 03-01-2002, 11:27 PM
Mac
Melting Slicks

Ssssssssssssssssnidely Whippppppppppppppplash!
Yes, Snidely Whiplash, the originator of the expression "Curses! Foiled again!!"

Get notified of new replies

To Birdcage notches on original Midyear sidepipe cars....

Old 03-02-2002, 12:37 AM
67HEAVEN
Le Mans Master

[Rocky's voice on] Now here's something you'll really like.[/Rocky's voice off]

Nell.

[Bullwinkle's voice on] Well hello out there in TV land. [/Bullwinkle's voice off]

:crazy:

[Modified by 67HEAVEN, 11:39 PM 3/1/2002]
Old 03-02-2002, 01:13 AM
JmpnJckFlsh
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Whu uh beeleeve we huv sum alumnigh uhf Whattsamatta U. heeuh. :jester
Old 03-02-2002, 01:24 AM
67HEAVEN
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Birdcage notches on original Midyear sidepipe cars.... (Chuck Sangerhausen)

Anyone here from Frostbite Falls? :jester

Quick Reply: Birdcage notches on original Midyear sidepipe cars....