Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > General Corvette Topics > Factory Correct Resto
Reload this Page >

What does Restored Really Mean? (vs. Original, Refurbished, or Restomod)

Notices
Factory Correct Resto Corvette Restoration Tips, Bodywork, Numbers Matching, Period-Correct Modifications or Original Condition

Old 09-05-2017, 02:38 PM
Curated Content Editor
CorvetteForum Editor

Received 194 Likes on 115 Posts
Default What does Restored Really Mean? (vs. Original, Refurbished, or Restomod)

By Joseph Coelho

The condition of a classic vehicle is often mistakenly misrepresented by the majority owners and buyers alike. While there can be some gray areas, these criteria can help you quickly assess which category your classic Corvette falls into.

Old 09-06-2017, 11:14 AM
caskiguy
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 328 Likes on 305 Posts

Originally Posted by Curated Content Editor View Post
By Joseph Coelho

The condition of a classic vehicle is often mistakenly misrepresented by the majority owners and buyers alike. While there can be some gray areas, these criteria can help you quickly assess which category your classic Corvette falls into.

Great write up. While I am the proud owner of a 1970 Corvette coupe (sb/ac/pw/ps/at/partial build sheet/3rd owner and such), I from the very beginning was going to fully dismantle the car to determine "what I had just bought exactly". And so far so good overall condition for a 47 year old car.
One can go in a lot of directions when the car is bare to the frame ( I think of that as nurse a cup of Joe and stare), I look forward to driving whatever I put back together. Loving every minute of the process and the fact that it's a "Corvette" is the cherry on top for me !
Old 10-23-2017, 08:14 PM
cyxelsid
CF Senior Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Good write up! I am very new to restoring old cars. I have worked on many, but it was more "keep it running to get to work" than restoration. And restoring a Corvette, well that was just a nonsense dream... until last week, when I bought a 1969 C3 Convertible! Who would have thought I would actually have a BARN FIND!

I can't wait to get started on her... This is my barn find '69 Stingray!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What does Restored Really Mean? (vs. Original, Refurbished, or Restomod)

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: