Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

The Hoochi Coochi Hooters REDO !(FRANK LUNCH MAY 20 th 12 pm )

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 11:55 PM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

Location: Elmhurst, IL (West Suburb of Chicago) & Home of MEGA Horsepower
Received 584 Likes on 399 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by Big Fish
Jimmy, it was Glucosamine our Vet recommended, really did help her. I was a little off on the years. When she was spayed the Vet did x-rays and said she would have problems later. Darlene said she was more like almost 7 when we started treating her with medication. Check with your Vet to see if hip replacement surgery could be an option, but I know it is very expensive. Best of luck to you and your dog, hope everything comes out okay.

Edit: added a link below. Interesting that red meats can add to a dog's joint problems due to the uric acid content.

http://www.glucosamine-arthritis.org...mine-dogs.html
Old 05-21-2007, 12:35 AM
TOBASCO
Le Mans Master

Received 138 Likes on 62 Posts
CI 2-4-5-6-7-8-10-11-12 Vet
NCM Ambassador
St. Jude Donor '08-'11-'13-'14-'15

Jim,

Sorry to hear about your dog - so sad . Like Steve says, hopefully the medication will do wonders. Has this been getting progressively worse? I remember a year ago or so when our lab all of a sudden couldn't get up from lying down without pain and yelping. Took her to the Vet and she said that everything was fine. A couple of days on pain relievers and now she's back as if nothing ever happened. Let's pray that's the case with your sheppard.
Old 05-21-2007, 12:55 AM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by TOBASCO
Jim,

Sorry to hear about your dog - so sad . Like Steve says, hopefully the medication will do wonders. Has this been getting progressively worse? I remember a year ago or so when our lab all of a sudden couldn't get up from lying down without pain and yelping. Took her to the Vet and she said that everything was fine. A couple of days on pain relievers and now she's back as if nothing ever happened. Let's pray that's the case with your sheppard.

Thanks BRAD. I am hoping and praying this will work out something like that! I had some arthritis medication from when he had some growing pains as a puppy which he has not needed for about 15 months, and after 2 days on this medication that I had he had a better day today which is a step in the right direction. Need to see if its displacia for sure, and if yes, how bad, then explore medications and hip replacement as always a last resort very expensive option (and I pray it does not come down to having to make that decision anytime in the next 3 years or so, given the fact that he is not 3 until October 20th)!
Old 05-21-2007, 01:42 PM
BLK BZT
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey thanks for the Vette-hospitality!!! I'm not sure if I can keep hanging out with you guys though. All these talks about mods are making my virgin Z06 a little uncomfortable. Hmmmmm...
Old 05-21-2007, 01:55 PM
johnnyvettes
CHICAGO CREW !
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: We are living in a Bazzaro World everything is upside down half ass backwards !
Received 90 Likes on 63 Posts
CI 4-5-6-7-8-9 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08 & '12

Originally Posted by BLK BZT
Hey thanks for the Vette-hospitality!!! I'm not sure if I can keep hanging out with you guys though. All these talks about mods are making my virgin Z06 a little uncomfortable. Hmmmmm...
your hooked Rubin there is no turning back from the dark side
Old 05-21-2007, 02:03 PM
BLK BZT
Advanced

Yeah, after the nasty comment yesterday about being blown, I have done some research and now I can't sleep.
Old 05-21-2007, 02:53 PM
DPG
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by BLK BZT
Yeah, after the nasty comment yesterday about being blown, I have done some research and now I can't sleep.

Nice meeting you yesterday Rubin and welcome to the dark side because you have caught mod fever. The only prescription is mods and more cowbell
Old 05-23-2007, 11:38 PM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by Big Fish
Jim, don't lose hope. My shepherd lived to be almost 11, had hip problems for 8 of those wonderful years. Your's maybe can still be a great companion even if it's not at 100%.
That sounds very promising Steve and this is exactly what's going on with my German Shepard "Judge"
who was officially diagnosed today with mild to moderate hip displacia in his right hip today (as I thought he would) and I am not that bummed out about it, as there was minimal to no arthritis setting in yet and he should live to have a somewhat normal life with us with medication as needed, glucasomine (on a daily basis) and limiting his activities where he is not jumping off steps, furniture, etc, etc. His prognosis is for a somewhat normal life and looks fairly promising given the Diagnosis and from my research and what the VETTE told me today. His activities will have to be limited but he is not that active anyways other than wanting to play BALL day and night (which he can still play but with common sense being weaved into the equation).

Not the best news in the world, but beats the sh it out of he has cancer, or he needs immediate surgery or he has sig. arthritis setting in already, etc. He is already acting normal again after getting an anti inflamatory/pain killer the last 4 days and with the Good Lord's Blessing he will hopefully be with me and the Mrs. and live between 8 and 10 years (and he turns 3 this October)!

Thanks for everybody's concern here and sorry to have to get away from the HOOCHI COOCHI scenerio with this off topic diversion! Not let's get back to some T&A shall we!

Last edited by Mopar Jimmy; 05-23-2007 at 11:45 PM.

Quick Reply: The Hoochi Coochi Hooters REDO !(FRANK LUNCH MAY 20 th 12 pm )