Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

Sunray Corvette in Roselle, IL. Anyone have experience with them?

Old 12-01-2001, 06:20 PM
The Example
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Default Sunray Corvette in Roselle, IL. Anyone have experience with them?

I went out shopping for Corvettes today and found this place just off 53 that had a lot full of 'Vettes. I talked to the owner of the store for a while and checked out some 94-96s I liked. He seems like a trustworthy guy but I wanted to hear any experiences that anyone on the Forum had. Anyone? Thanks!
Old 12-01-2001, 07:08 PM
JIMBONIC
Pro

Default Re: Sunray Corvette in Roselle, IL. Anyone have experience with them? (stormy652)

Back when I had my Trans Am, I stopped in and wanted to look around at the Vettes. Basically wasn't given the time of day. After I got my Vette, I stopped in again and they were VERY interested in talking to me! Be Carefull! There is a place on North Ave a little west of 355 that has a bunch of good looking Vettes on the South side of the street. Never really stopped there, but it might be worth looking at.
Old 12-01-2001, 07:43 PM
TCC5
Drifting

Default Re: Sunray Corvette in Roselle, IL. Anyone have experience with them? (stormy652)

I went out shopping for Corvettes today and found this place just off 53 that had a lot full of 'Vettes. I talked to the owner of the store for a while and checked out some 94-96s I liked. He seems like a trustworthy guy but I wanted to hear any experiences that anyone on the Forum had. Anyone? Thanks!
You might want to email Brian at Vettewrench. He just bought his C4 Vert there. The place seems ok but they really won't budge on the prices as he tried to negotiate without much luck. The guy even showed us the paperwork as to how much they paid for the car but you never know if those papers are real or not. :cheers:

[Modified by TCC5, 5:47 PM 12/1/2001]
Old 12-02-2001, 11:35 AM
Scott85
Burning Brakes

STAY AWAY!!! I got royally screwed from them. They used to be a good shop a long time ago(early 80's). I bought an 84 from them when i was 19 (back in 1993). I was a little naive then , and they were the only ones that took me seriously when looking at a vette. I really didn't know what to look for when looking over a vette( i do NOW). It had a few small minor things(interior had some rips,etc) wrong with it, but then something happened when i was driving it.

About a week after purchaseing the car, i was driving down the street and the rear end went sideways on me(just normal driving, no hot rodding). Well, come to find out, the rear tie rod had cracked on me(this car was supposed to have 46K on it). Once i got it back to a friends house and looked it over, this is what else i found:

Other rear tie rod was cracked
No rear bumper reinforcement(sp?), the honeycomb thing
When you pulled away the rubber door stops, it was RED underneath, the car was WHITE
Gas tank was loose
There was a big dent underneath the passenger side floor board
The tires were on wrong(directional gatorbacks).
One rim too many( 3 of 1 direction, 1 of the other)
Front tie rod was bent

Of course, when i went back, the guy knew nothing of it.
I got a lawyer and got everything fixed though
:yesnod: .

If you do buy a car from them, be very, very careful. Definatly do a carfax. When i bought that car , there was no such thing as carfax. I also don't know if its the same guy or not, its been awhile(moved to Ohio 5 years ago).

[Modified by Scott85, 10:39 AM 12/2/2001]
Old 12-02-2001, 11:38 AM
art91
Drifting

Default Re: Sunray Corvette in Roselle, IL. Anyone have experience with them? (TCC5)

I bought my 91 there. I have had good luck dealing with them, but some others have not. I'm sure they get a lot of tire kickers, and guys who want thrill rides. I've been able to drive any car I wanted to there. If you are younger, I'd advise taking an older experienced Vette owner with. They're pretty firm on their prices, but their prices are pretty decent. Now is a good time to buy, with winter on the way. :)

Good luck!
Old 12-03-2001, 09:56 AM
-=Jeff=-
Race Director

Received 171 Likes on 148 Posts

Default Re: Sunray Corvette in Roselle, IL. Anyone have experience with them? (Scott85)

around the 1983 time frame I had heard that they also got caught selling stolen cars or something too..

They are like 5 min from my house, It seems like the have some nice cars there.. not sure who owns it or how good the service is..

Also try Corvette Collection in Plainfield
Old 12-04-2001, 09:50 PM
ezmoney92
Racer

Default Re: Sunray Corvette in Roselle, IL. Anyone have experience with them? (-=Jeff=-)

Also take a look at D & M on Ogden, they have their own dyno, what better way is there to check out your future car? :seeya
Old 12-05-2001, 02:42 PM
vettewrench
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Sunray Corvette in Roselle, IL. Anyone have experience with them? (ezmoney92)

I also never liked sunray every time i would go in there they would act like i couldn't afford a vette :bs even if I drove up in my 73'. but i have to admit that i got good deal on my new one that i found there. all I will say is that you do need to watch what you buy, but where can you go and feel 100% satisfied about the car and its past?

P.S. if you do need someone to ck out a vette for you just e-mail me and i will be glad to help check it out!!
Old 12-05-2001, 11:45 PM
Mint Z51
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Been to Sunray before...most of the Vettes I've seen there are usually pretty worn out. On occasion, you'll find a really nice one there. My advice is...don't settle for just any Vette...be selective. There are lots of Vettes for sale out there (especially in this economy). You'll know when you come across the "right" one. Good luck in your search!! :) :) :)
Old 12-06-2001, 03:09 PM
Edzred72
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been to Sunray late summer of this year while searching for my first Vette. I was treated with respect by a knowledgable, friendly, up front salesman. There were a few nice C-3's that I was looking at, and a few late C-4's that I was interested in, but all were overpriced and they would not budge. The two C-4's I looked at were pretty beat up.. and the salesman told me so. He even pointed out the flaws that I missed. I was offered a test drive and paper work, of any vehicle I choose. Although I did not buy from them, my impression of the dealership overall, and the customer service was a positive one. Knowledge is power... know what to look for before you buy, this way you can buy the best for the money you have. Good Luck :cheers:
Old 12-08-2001, 12:18 PM
MVR 155
Safety Car

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Cruise-In XI Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12

I have a really clean 1992 Coupe for sale, If you are interested let me know I really need to sell it before the crappy weather gets here since Im short on space.
Here are some details about the car:
White Exterior
Gray Leather Dual Power Sport Seats
Bose CD/Cass
Auto Trans
Glass Roof Panel
53K Miles
Electronic Climate Control
Keyless Entry
This car is in great conditions and needs nothing
I was asking $14,900 for the car but I will take $13,800 firm for it

Jeff and Nick here can both tell you that this car is very clean

I can be reached at 630 235-1869

Thanks
Mike
Old 12-08-2001, 02:17 PM
-=Jeff=-
Race Director

Received 171 Likes on 148 Posts

Default Re: Sunray Corvette in Roselle, IL. Anyone have experience with them? (MVR 155)

I have a really clean 1992 Coupe for sale, If you are interested let me know I really need to sell it before the crappy weather gets here since Im short on space.
Here are some details about the car:
White Exterior
Gray Leather Dual Power Sport Seats
Bose CD/Cass
Auto Trans
Glass Roof Panel
53K Miles
Electronic Climate Control
Keyless Entry
This car is in great conditions and needs nothing
I was asking $14,900 for the car but I will take $13,800 firm for it

Jeff and Nick here can both tell you that this car is very clean

I can be reached at 630 235-1869

Thanks
Mike

:yesnod:

Very clean car!!!
Old 12-08-2001, 03:11 PM
The Example
Melting Slicks

Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Default Re: Sunray Corvette in Roselle, IL. Anyone have experience with them? (-=Jeff=-)

Sorry, but I would like to have a manual Corvette this time. Already had an auto L98 and theres another one in the garage. Good luck!
Old 12-08-2001, 06:19 PM
MVR 155
Safety Car

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Cruise-In XI Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12

Sorry, but I would like to have a manual Corvette this time. Already had an auto L98 and theres another one in the garage. Good luck!
Thats cool, I just wanted to let you know that I had one availible, best of luck on your quest to find a 6 speed, the right one will come your way Im sure.

Mike
Old 12-12-2001, 11:48 PM
AlwaysWave
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In III Veteran

Every Corvette dealer I've visited has seemed to be $2000 to $5000 more than private sellers for the same era Vette. These dealers aren't giving any kind of warantee with the car..so I feel better off looking at private sellers. It's a gamble no matter how you slice it..so buy private and save a few bucks.

Get notified of new replies

To Sunray Corvette in Roselle, IL. Anyone have experience with them?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sunray Corvette in Roselle, IL. Anyone have experience with them?