Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

Entertainment for Corvette Funfest

Old 08-06-2009, 07:13 PM
Mike Terry
Le Mans Master

Received 270 Likes on 202 Posts

Default Entertainment for Corvette Funfest

Entertainment for Corvette Funfest at Mid America. I am just passing this information along. You decide if you want to go or not. I am not posting this to get negitive or positive post, just to pass on information that was sent to me.

If any of you go to Funfest please stop by the For Sale Area and say HI, I will be there with my 95 Indy 500 Pace Car with 3400 original miles on it with a the paperwork from day one. Say Hi and that you are from the Forum.
Mike.

Funfest goers are in for a treat this year as Mid America Motorworks celebrates its 35th Anniversary. Not only will they enjoy the hard driving rock of Survivor, but they will also be able to sit back and relish the ultimate good-time music act of the early ‘60s – The Jan & Dean Show, featuring Dean Torrence! The mere mention of their name today evokes images of suntanned teens dancing and surfing on the beach of Malibu. A few of their top hit singles include:
Dead Man’s Curve

Surf City

Little Old Lady from Pasadena

Sidewalk Surfin

Drag City

Heart & Soul

Ride the Wild Surf

The Saturday Night Entertainment is turning out to be quite an event! I know many of you enjoyed the Beach Boys at Funfest 2005. Chris Farmer, who played with them at that time, will be back as vocalist & bass player for the OC Beach Band. They’re joining the Jan & Dean Show which will be the opening entertainment for the evening. I grew up singing along to many of their songs like Dead Man’s Curve & Little Old Lady from Pasadena. Music has changed a lot in the last (oh, this hurts) 60 years. So to celebrate my birthday & Mid America Motorworks’ 35th Anniversary, we wanted to provide you with extra special entertainment, to reflect some of those changes. So this year, you’ll not have just one band, but two! Stay tuned! There’s even more to come!

The original storyline of Dead Man’s Curve evolved from the tragic, near fatal accident of Jan Berry in his Corvette Stingray. But he did come back from Dead Man’s Curve to record the famous song. Performing many times with the Beach Boys, whom Funfest attendees enjoyed in 2005, the Jan and Dean Show is sure to be a hit! But that’s not all! Accompanying the Jan and Dean Show will be the OC Beach Band! Maybe you’ve heard of a few of the members – Chris Farmer (bass player and vocalist for the Beach Boys from 1995-2007), Mike Kowalski (drummer for the Beach Boys in the late 1960’s), Scott Bennett and Probyn Gregory (of the Brian Wilson Band), and Michael Campion and Dan McNamara (of the Surf City Boys). So Help Me Rhonda, we’ll all be Surfin’ USA in our Little Deuce Coupe! What a show this will be!

Registration Fee Deadline Extended

Corvette Funfest is quickly approaching and an action-packed weekend
with many new and exciting activities are planned for you!

Due to the late announcement of the Saturday evening entertainment, we
have extended the current advanced registration prices until August 31st. Prices will increase on September 1st.

Don’t delay, register today!

Funfest Events

The Search Is Over!!

Join Mid America Motorworks Saturday evening for a concert by Survivor! The signature Survivor sound that the world fell in love with in the late 1970’s and early 1980’s is alive and touring. Principle members include Frankie Sullivan on guitar and vocals, Marc Droubay on drums, Billy Ozzello on bass, and Robin McAuley as lead vocalist. They are best known for “Eye of the Tiger”, expressly written for the 1982 movie, “Rocky III”, and spent seven weeks at the #1 spot on U.S. charts, won a Grammy ®, was nominated for an Oscar ®, and was voted “Best New Song” by the Peoples Choice Awards. Other Billboard Top 20 hits include:

I Can’t Hold Back

High on You

The Search is Over

American Heartbeat

Burning Heart

Is This Love

It’s a concert you won’t want to miss!

But first, join us for an old fashioned Country Buffet, to be held on the grounds with serving beginning at 5:00 pm.

Only $8 each in advance, it is recommended to purchase dinner tickets in advance as a limited number will be available the day of the show for $10 each. Tickets sold through the first week of September will be mailed with your registration packets. After this date, the tickets will be available for pickup the day of the event at the Sales building.

Last edited by Mike Terry; 08-07-2009 at 08:19 PM.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:31 PM
corvetteronw
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 247 Likes on 200 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran
Cruise-In VIII
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

Sept 25 (Fri) to Sept 27 (Sun) 2009. I am working that weekend so will have to see if I can get time off.
I was there a couple of times. I saw 3 Dog Night last time and it was a good show. Many local folks show up for the concert. You need to get your lawn chair set up well in advance to get a decent spot.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:39 PM
BOB'S C6
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019

Definately make the show more interesting. I love the 60's music of the beach boys and jan and dean much better than survivor. I'd be there anyway but now makes the trip more worthwhile.
Old 08-10-2009, 04:02 PM
Mike Terry
Le Mans Master

Received 270 Likes on 202 Posts

It should be some great entertainment.
Old 08-12-2009, 12:40 AM
vettesmith02
Safety Car

Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

I'll be there!

Get notified of new replies

To Entertainment for Corvette Funfest