Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

Tune in Madison

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 07:22 PM
Rundayo
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tune in Madison

Looking for a place to get a tune in the Madison WI area.
Thanks for your help.
Old 07-15-2011, 06:37 AM
Quick Silver Z
Team Owner

Received 1,497 Likes on 1,008 Posts
No-IL Events Coordinator
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (appearance mods)
C6 of Year Winner (appearance mods) 2019
2018 C6 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

??? http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-s...adison-wi.html

Maybe ask here?

http://wisconsincorvetteclub.homestead.com/

http://www.sewcc.com/

http://www.oopcd.com/kmcc/
Old 07-15-2011, 07:16 AM
JG853
Melting Slicks

Received 784 Likes on 456 Posts

Closest that I am aware of is either West Bend Dyno (West Bend) or Late Model Throttle (Waukesha)

Originally Posted by Rundayo
Looking for a place to get a tune in the Madison WI area.
Thanks for your help.
Old 07-15-2011, 03:28 PM
Rundayo
Instructor

I did the search, but when they were dated 2005, thought I would try again.
Thanks for the ideas and the help.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:49 PM
breecher_7
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Call Jeff at Late Model Throttle in Waukesha, you will not be sorry. LSx engines is what they specialize in. Good guys, all own fast LSx power vehicles. Nice new AWD dyno.

What exactly do you want done? If its just simple calibrations I can do it for the cost of the credits. ($100), if you want a full tune, give them a call.
Old 07-21-2011, 07:35 AM
JG853
Melting Slicks

If you want to do it right and get the best tune - Take it to Blackdog Speed Shop / Blackdog Racing in Linconshire, IL. It will be worth your drive to ensure it is done by the best.

Originally Posted by breecher_7
Call Jeff at Late Model Throttle in Waukesha, you will not be sorry. LSx engines is what they specialize in. Good guys, all own fast LSx power vehicles. Nice new AWD dyno.

What exactly do you want done? If its just simple calibrations I can do it for the cost of the credits. ($100), if you want a full tune, give them a call.
Old 07-21-2011, 07:21 PM
mwatowing
Pro

Tom @ West Bend Dyno did mine.. 497 RWHP
Old 07-21-2011, 08:47 PM
breecher_7
Safety Car

Originally Posted by JG853
If you want to do it right and get the best tune - Take it to Blackdog Speed Shop / Blackdog Racing in Linconshire, IL. It will be worth your drive to ensure it is done by the best.
Thats a bold statement and completely unfounded.

Last edited by breecher_7; 07-21-2011 at 08:50 PM.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:54 AM
JG853
Melting Slicks

Bold and unfounded, well have you ever been to BlackDog?

There are plenty of places you could have your car tuned. My statement, and I hold to it, is that if you want it done right, take it to BlackDog. There are plenty of tuners out there, and I mentioned a few, but if you want it done right, the best tuner I have seen closest to him in BlackDog racing. Maybe go down and check them out yourself if you have never been there

Thats a bold statement and completely unfounded.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:01 AM
breecher_7
Safety Car

Ive been there and im not saying anything negative. But for you claim there the best of whats available, how about some proof to back it up? There are alot of options as to where to go for tuning and most of them have really good reputations. Speed Inc and AMS for starters and there forum sponsors. And there are also the above mentioned shops in wisconsin as well as a few others that are not listed. All have good reputations. I personally dont know ANYONE that has had there car tuned at blackdog. So to say there the best is indeed a bold statement.

Bold and unfounded, well have you ever been to BlackDog?

There are plenty of places you could have your car tuned. My statement, and I hold to it, is that if you want it done right, take it to BlackDog. There are plenty of tuners out there, and I mentioned a few, but if you want it done right, the best tuner I have seen closest to him in BlackDog racing. Maybe go down and check them out yourself if you have never been there
Old 07-22-2011, 10:26 AM
JG853
Melting Slicks

Sure- I have. And my friend Lou G from LG Motorsports told me to have my car tuned there (I have a full H/C LG Motorsports/Tony Mamo C6 Z06). Lou could have told me to go to any of the shops in the MW, but why would he tell me to go to BlackDog? It has nothing to do with his competition either in terms of shops, it has to do with quality and knowledge. BlackDog is as complete of a race shop as there is in the Midwest. There is no debating that if you have been there. Lou would not steer me in the wrong direction either.

If you have been there, then you must have seen all of the World Challenge race cars, from frame to final build, etc. Plus, you must have seen a ton of local guys race cars being worked on there as the place is always full of them. Not knowing one guy that has been there means that you may not know a lot of people who mod their cars.

I have been in this game a long time. I am not new to this modding game. Nothing against any other shop. Take your car where you would like. BTW - Larry is no longer at Speed Inc. BlackDog is a supporting vendor as well.

So, you are welcome to your opinion that I made a bold statement. But, note, that my statement is made on experience and recomendations from knowledgeable people in this industry.

You are welcome to see my car anytime if you would like.

Ive been there and im not saying anything negative. But for you claim there the best of whats available, how about some proof to back it up? There are alot of options as to where to go for tuning and most of them have really good reputations. Speed Inc and AMS for starters and there forum sponsors. And there are also the above mentioned shops in wisconsin as well as a few others that are not listed. All have good reputations. I personally dont know ANYONE that has had there car tuned at blackdog. So to say there the best is indeed a bold statement.
Old 07-22-2011, 10:36 AM
breecher_7
Safety Car

Once again, Ive been there, ive seen what they do and they do awesome work. Its just the statement that there the "best" that got me. As far as not knowing alot of people who mod there cars... Thats all i can say about that, but I dont know anyone, personally, that has had work done there.

And yes im aware that larry is no longer with speed inc, he is with AMS.

My thoughts regarding LG are not high either, although im sure your car is nothing short of amazing. I just have a issue with the big name companies and the egregious prices they put on there packages. And the fact that I recently had a set of there LG world challenge wheels and the quality was **** poor. I expected more from LG as they do have such a fantastic reputation.

I do my own work for the record, you will never see me pay anyone to work on a car for me.

Id love to see your car sometime though.

Sure- I have. And my friend Lou G from LG Motorsports told me to have my car tuned there (I have a full H/C LG Motorsports/Tony Mamo C6 Z06). Lou could have told me to go to any of the shops in the MW, but why would he tell me to go to BlackDog? It has nothing to do with his competition either in terms of shops, it has to do with quality and knowledge. BlackDog is as complete of a race shop as there is in the Midwest. There is no debating that if you have been there. Lou would not steer me in the wrong direction either.

If you have been there, then you must have seen all of the World Challenge race cars, from frame to final build, etc. Plus, you must have seen a ton of local guys race cars being worked on there as the place is always full of them. Not knowing one guy that has been there means that you may not know a lot of people who mod their cars.

I have been in this game a long time. I am not new to this modding game. Nothing against any other shop. Take your car where you would like. BTW - Larry is no longer at Speed Inc. BlackDog is a supporting vendor as well.

So, you are welcome to your opinion that I made a bold statement. But, note, that my statement is made on experience and recomendations from knowledgeable people in this industry.

You are welcome to see my car anytime if you would like.
Old 07-22-2011, 11:01 AM
JG853
Melting Slicks

Sorry to hear about the wheels. I would be upset too if the wheel quality was not there. I have seen one set of these wheels andy they looked really nice. But, there is slight varaiances in the manufacturing process and with that comes some defects and I hope that they took care of you.

Glad to hear that you do your own work. I wish I had the time, but work does not allow for it.

Looking forward to meeting up sometime. Just send me a PM with you email as we do some get togethers and drive around together

Once again, Ive been there, ive seen what they do and they do awesome work. Its just the statement that there the "best" that got me. As far as not knowing alot of people who mod there cars... Thats all i can say about that, but I dont know anyone, personally, that has had work done there.

And yes im aware that larry is no longer with speed inc, he is with AMS.

My thoughts regarding LG are not high either, although im sure your car is nothing short of amazing. I just have a issue with the big name companies and the egregious prices they put on there packages. And the fact that I recently had a set of there LG world challenge wheels and the quality was **** poor. I expected more from LG as they do have such a fantastic reputation.

I do my own work for the record, you will never see me pay anyone to work on a car for me.

Id love to see your car sometime though.

Get notified of new replies

To Tune in Madison

Quick Reply: Tune in Madison