Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

2012 SE Ohio Fall Corvette Cruise

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 09:29 AM
rmwiles
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default 2012 SE Ohio Fall Corvette Cruise

Here is all of the information and a link to the web page for the Cruise.
Hope to see a lot of you there.
Rick

http://valueaccessories.net/SE%20Ohi...e%20Cruise.htm

When: Saturday October 13th 2012, 9:30 AM,

Where: Starting at 9:30 AM from the parking lot of the Best Western. 4929 East Pike,
Zanesville, OH (740) 453-6300, I-70 exit 160.

Friday Night: We will have a meet and greet at about 7:30 PM Friday night at the Motel. Pizza and snacks for everyone just off the lobby.

Be gassed up and ready to go by 9:30 AM, short meeting at 9:20 and leaving promptly at 9:30 AM.

Description: Leisurely drive from Zanesville going East, through scenic winding back roads at times following a few rivers and lakes. Route goes into the Wayne National Forest and along the Ohio River with some great driving roads thrown in. You will enjoy some of the curves in this section.
The cruise will go into New Martinsville, WV for lunch at the Court Restaurant.
The Court Restaurant has a home made lunch buffet (with home made deserts) for appx. $9.95. We will have a private area set aside for our group. We will be at the restaurant at approximately noon.

After lunch we will go south on Ohio 7 and have a stop along the Ohio River for pictures.
Then we will be proceeding west into the National Forest on route 260. There will be lots of curves and scenery to enjoy. We will continue following the ridge lines ending in up in Lowell, just north of Marietta on Route 60. There will be a gas stop in Lowell, (optional ending at this point). We will then take route 60 up along the Muskingum River all the way back to Zanesville. Planned stop in this portion, Muskingum River locks.

There is very little traffic on these roads on Saturday, making this a very enjoyable drive.

This will be a 208 mile (total) drive ending at the Host Motel. The Optional Ending is 155 Miles, ending at I-77 just north of Marietta Ohio, mid afternoon (approximately 3 PM). If going to I-77 from the Lowell stop, then continue 4.5 miles south on 60 then turn left on Arends Ridge Rd. to I-77.
There will be plenty of time for socializing.
This is a good opportunity to take a nice cruise in your corvette on some of the best roads you can find anywhere.
Best of all, this cruise is free and does not cost anything except food and gas. Donations accepted for Friday night pizza and snacks.

Contact: Teresa or Rick. Give us an email or call to let us know if you are going on the cruise. We can better plan if we know the approximate number of people.

E-Mail: valueacc@valueaccessories.net 440-259-3071

Motel: We have reserved rooms at the host motel (Best Western, 4929 East Pike, Zanesville, OH, 740-453-6300).
To make reservations for Friday or Saturday or both nights at the Best Western, you just need to give them a call and give them the reservation number # WilesB509. You will need to give them a credit card number to hold a room for you.

The rooms are discounted at $64.99 plus tax a night, (one King size bed, double queens, up to 4 persons per room). If you need a smoking room you will need to tell them when making reservations. Please book early if you are planning on going, the motel fills up on weekends. Mention Group rate, # WilesB509, for the group discount. The motel does have an indoor pool, internet and a continental breakfast.
You must make the reservations by 9/28/12 to get this rate.

Last edited by rmwiles; 10-10-2012 at 12:46 PM.
Old 02-26-2012, 10:44 AM
dahogan
Enjoy while you can.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,685 Likes on 1,272 Posts
Ohio Events Coordinator
2023 C8 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
C2 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23-'24

Is this the same event aka Restoration Station Corvette fall Colors Tour or is it a different event?

Its different, never mind.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/grea...io-events.html

Last edited by dahogan; 02-26-2012 at 11:46 AM.
Old 02-26-2012, 11:40 AM
DonOH
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

That looks cool.
Old 06-20-2012, 05:33 PM
rmwiles
Advanced

Default SE Ohio Fall Corvette Cruise

We have had a lot of response for this Fall Cruise so far.
This will be the second year. We are expecting right now to have more then half of the Best Western taken for this Corvette Cruise.

This event is sponsored by Competition Corvette Association of Lake County Ohio and is open to anyone with a Corvette.

Teresa and I are putting it together.
It appears that we are getting people from all over Ohio and some from WV right now. If you think that you might be going and will be staying one or both nights at the motel, make reservations now. We can still block more rooms right now if we need.

Rick

Originally Posted by rmwiles
Here is all of the information and a link to the web page for the Cruise.
Hope to see a lot of you there.
Rick

When: Saturday October 13th 2012, 9:30 AM,

Where: Starting at 9:30 AM from the parking lot of the Best Western. 4929 East Pike,
Zanesville, OH (740) 453-6300, I-70 exit 160.

Friday Night: We will have a meet and greet at about 7:30 PM Friday night at the Motel. Pizza and snacks for everyone just off the lobby.

Be gassed up and ready to go by 9:30 AM, short meeting at 9:20 and leaving promptly at 9:30 AM.

Description: Leisurely drive from Zanesville going East, through scenic winding back roads at times following a few rivers and lakes. Route goes into the Wayne National Forest and along the Ohio River with some great driving roads thrown in. You will enjoy some of the curves in this section.
The cruise will go into New Martinsville, WV for lunch at the Court Restaurant.
The Court Restaurant has a home made lunch buffet (with home made deserts) for appx. $9.95. We will have a private area set aside for our group. We will be at the restaurant at approximately noon.

After lunch we will go south on Ohio 7 and have a stop along the Ohio River for pictures.
Then we will be proceeding west into the National Forest on route 260. There will be lots of curves and scenery to enjoy. We will continue following the ridge lines ending in up in Lowell, just north of Marietta on Route 60. There will be a gas stop in Lowell, (optional ending at this point). We will then take route 60 up along the Muskingum River all the way back to Zanesville. Planned stop in this portion, Muskingum River locks.

There is very little traffic on these roads on Saturday, making this a very enjoyable drive.

This will be a 208 mile (total) drive ending at the Host Motel. The Optional Ending is 155 Miles, ending at I-77 just north of Marietta Ohio, mid afternoon (approximately 3 PM). If going to I-77 from the Lowell stop, then continue 4.5 miles south on 60 then turn left on Arends Ridge Rd. to I-77.
There will be plenty of time for socializing.
This is a good opportunity to take a nice cruise in your corvette on some of the best roads you can find anywhere.
Best of all, this cruise is free and does not cost anything except food and gas. Donations accepted for Friday night pizza and snacks.

Contact: Teresa or Rick. Give us an email or call to let us know if you are going on the cruise. We can better plan if we know the approximate number of people.

E-Mail: valueacc@valueaccessories.net 440-259-3071

Motel: We have reserved rooms at the host motel (Best Western, 4929 East Pike, Zanesville, OH, 740-453-6300).
To make reservations for Friday or Saturday or both nights at the Best Western, you just need to give them a call and give them the reservation number # WilesB509. You will need to give them a credit card number to hold a room for you.

The rooms are discounted at $64.99 plus tax a night, (one King size bed, double queens, up to 4 persons per room). If you need a smoking room you will need to tell them when making reservations. Please book early if you are planning on going, the motel fills up on weekends. Mention Group rate, # WilesB509, for the group discount. The motel does have an indoor pool, internet and a continental breakfast.
You must make the reservations by 9/28/12 to get this rate.

Old 07-08-2012, 08:59 AM
dahogan
Enjoy while you can.
Support Corvetteforum!

Ohio Events Coordinator

ttt for a great event
Old 07-16-2012, 01:14 AM
pear
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ohio Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '09

This sounds great!! Passes within a few miles of the house. I am scheduled to work that day but I'm feeling a day off may be needed for this one.
Old 08-13-2012, 12:34 PM
rmwiles
Advanced

We have had so many people sign up, that we just got 10 more rooms added to our block for Friday and Saturday nights.

Not sure how many more rooms we can take so if you are planning on going and need a room reserve soon.

Rick
Old 09-21-2012, 08:03 AM
dahogan
Enjoy while you can.
Support Corvetteforum!

Ohio Events Coordinator

just a reminder on a great event

and check out this one too:

http://www.restoration-station.com/road_tour.htm

Last edited by dahogan; 09-21-2012 at 10:14 AM.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:24 AM
87 Ragtop
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
CI 3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11 Vet
CI X Blind Auto-X Champ

TTT - I'm going to try and make this one. Unfortunately I'm working till 12:30am the night before so I'll have to leave Columbus area by 8:00am Needless to say after a long day if I don't get up early enough I won't make it but it sounds fun!!

Do you have an estimated number that will be there?
Old 10-10-2012, 01:05 PM
rmwiles
Advanced

Originally Posted by 87 Ragtop
TTT - I'm going to try and make this one. Unfortunately I'm working till 12:30am the night before so I'll have to leave Columbus area by 8:00am Needless to say after a long day if I don't get up early enough I won't make it but it sounds fun!!

Do you have an estimated number that will be there?
Take a look at the route from the page. You can leave a little later if you like and just meet us at route 78 or someplace like that and just take the interstate over and down. I will message you my cell phone number so you can call and find out where we are when you are coming down 77 if you like.
We have about 30 rooms taken for both Friday and Saturday nights. We have gotten a lot of emails from people coming within a 100 mile radius that are coming on Saturday morning.
Looks like it's going to be a nice day so at least 40 cars or more.
Rick

Old 10-13-2012, 07:49 AM
87 Ragtop
Race Director

CI X Blind Auto-X Champ

Heading out. Should be there before 9am
Old 10-14-2012, 07:52 AM
87 Ragtop
Race Director

CI X Blind Auto-X Champ

Thanks for putting this together. It was a great time and well worth the trip... and getting up at 7:00am on a Saturday..
Old 10-14-2012, 08:56 AM
mchenpa
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for organizing this. It was a great day.
Old 10-14-2012, 04:33 PM
rmwiles
Advanced

It was really cool to meet some of you guys from the forum. Glad everyone had a great time.
There was another post with pictures, but here is a link from the pictures they started posting on the Competition Corvette Site. Pretty cool, you will like some of the pictures, there are a lot of them.
http://www.competitioncorvette.org/f...ruise2012.html

Rick

Get notified of new replies

To 2012 SE Ohio Fall Corvette Cruise

Quick Reply: 2012 SE Ohio Fall Corvette Cruise