Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

Water sports in Chicago area?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2012, 06:39 AM
blackvetterzo6
Le Mans Master

Received 1,017 Likes on 566 Posts

Originally Posted by JT Metal
Couple years ago I started a post in regards to snowmobiling. Didn't seem to spark a lot of interest. This last year while snow was scarce. I managed about 1800miles across Northern Wis. And the U.P. meeting fantastic people along the way.

I'm wondering if the Corvette community has any interest in watercrafts? Chain-o-Lakes, Lake Michigan, Illinois River, Mississippi river. Maybe a trip to Florida?

I'm planning a trip with a friend in early winter to jetski from Fort Lauderdale to Bimini, Bahamas.

Just looking for input........Joe
Joe, go buy yourself a set of golf clubs, and quit chasing all that tang. Lol
Old 04-19-2012, 09:16 AM
EVL JAKE
Burning Brakes

Received 158 Likes on 81 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by JT Metal
Awesome! The pontoon will give me something to tie off to. So I can take a break. Haha! Just kidding........Joe. its going to be a good year! I can feel it......

Heading to Fox Lake this weekend to help a friend test some work he got done. Rustic harbor!
If you bring enough beer for everyone then you can tie off anytime.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:03 PM
Mag Red Mike
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Default Upper Chain

I have a 23' Sea-Doo jet boat on Bluff Lake, south of Lake Marie and northeast of Grass Lake. It's my Corvette on the water, though it's twin-engine 430 hp can't keep up with the 436 hp on my GS! Has something to do with the coefficient of drag!
Old 04-19-2012, 03:25 PM
JT Metal
Melting Slicks

Received 16 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by EVL JAKE
If you bring enough beer for everyone then you can tie off anytime.
Well, I have three friends on the upper chain. Smallest boat is a donzi 27'. Other two are cruisers. With all the Captain & Coke I can stomach. Haha! With that said, maybe ill call you to hang with us! Haha! Awesome. Don't forget to bring your beer! Haha!

I forgot to mention. Most of my friends are alcoholics. Haha!

Last edited by JT Metal; 04-19-2012 at 03:36 PM.
Old 04-19-2012, 03:34 PM
JT Metal
Melting Slicks

Received 16 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Originally Posted by Mag Red Mike
I have a 23' Sea-Doo jet boat on Bluff Lake, south of Lake Marie and northeast of Grass Lake. It's my Corvette on the water, though it's twin-engine 430 hp can't keep up with the 436 hp on my GS! Has something to do with the coefficient of drag!
I had an older 15' Sea-doo 170h/p runabout. It was a blast! I can only guess how nice a 23' with 430 h/p is. Congrats.

As long as I'm physically able, I'm going to ride PWCs.......its very rewarding.

Quick Reply: Water sports in Chicago area?