Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

Selling out. Grand Rapids, MI area

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 03:13 PM
corvetteronw
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 247 Likes on 200 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran
Cruise-In VIII
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

Default Selling out. Grand Rapids, MI area

Headed for Florida to be nearer to kids. I found out last week that I have Alzheimer's. Not sure how much longer I will be lucid and able to take care of business.
I have a pole barn/garage full of tools and automotive gear that I would rather sell to one or two people instead of having the hassle of a garage sale.
Includes all kinds of metric and SAE hand tools and a good sized tool cart. The largest item is a 220V 60 gal air compressor. I have a set of lumber/Rhino ramps that allow me to get my car up quite high and then remove the approach ramps so you can get at exhaust/driveline/etc. Includes things like HVLP spray guns, stand mounted grinder/buffer, heavy duty car polisher/buffer, timing light, drop cords/lights, impact wrench, air tools, drill press. The list goes on and on. I do not have a welder.
We are putting our house up for sale soon but who knows how long it will take. I have a C4 "work in progress" that I will continue to work on until I have to move. At that time I will either drive or tow it to my one son who is still in the area and give it to him.
So - what I am looking for is someone who wants a good price on my car stuff. I want to continue to use all of it until I have to move out so that's the deal. The good part for you is that you can negotiate with the owner instead of bidding against others at my estate sale.
I am hoping that someone here on the Forum would like to have this stuff so they can start or expand their own "man cave". Maybe we could do a PayPal Bill Me Later transaction.
PM me and let's talk.
Don't feel bad or sad for me though as I have had a great life and family. I am a Christian and know where I am going.
Old 07-06-2013, 03:26 PM
slolane
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
CI 7-8-9 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07-'08 & '12

Wow Ron, I know you don't want any sadness or pity but this news is heart wrenching indeed I wish you nothing but the best in your future whatever that may bring Please let me know if there is anything the crew or I can do to help even if just to help pack boxes.
Old 07-06-2013, 07:35 PM
VetteTech81
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm not really sure what to say to this Ron... Your a great person, this tears me up inside but I know that you will keep the faith. If you need anything let us know.
-=Rick
Old 07-06-2013, 08:20 PM
Mallett Z
Melting Slicks

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
2015 C5 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09

I wish you the best Ron and you will be in all of our prayers. Like Don said let us know if you need anything or something to lift your spirits. Keep in touch here as much as possible!
Old 07-06-2013, 09:40 PM
corvetteronw
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In VII Veteran
Cruise-In VIII

Thanks - it means a lot. Life has a beginning, a lot of crazy stuff in the middle, and then an ending. I have not heard of a progression rate for the disease yet. I have been acting odd and have had trouble remembering things for a while now so I got tested. I am going to be 68 in a couple of months so this is not what they call "early onset".
I had a first cousin who started showing signs of the disease in his late 50s and died at 65. He had been the head of a large Christian based orphan's home in Texas and went from being married with a great job to being divorced and living in homeless shelters by age 63 when they found him in a Dallas park with only the clothes on his back, no shoes and a paper bag with his ID and some underwear in it. His mother was still alive and took care of him until his death about 5 years ago.
Old 07-07-2013, 11:47 AM
BIGBYRD1993
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In XI, XII Veteran
NCM Lifetime Member & Ambassador

Originally Posted by slolane
Wow Ron, I know you don't want any sadness or pity but this news is heart wrenching indeed I wish you nothing but the best in your future whatever that may bring Please let me know if there is anything the crew or I can do to help even if just to help pack boxes.
Wow Ron , Same here - If you need anything just give me a Holler !!
Old 07-07-2013, 06:55 PM
corvetteronw
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In VII Veteran
Cruise-In VIII

Originally Posted by BIGBYRD1993
Wow Ron , Same here - If you need anything just give me a Holler !!
Thanks. Hey, my son that works in Green Bay got pulled aside by his boss. Their company is hosting a golf outing and several of the Packers are going to be playing. He said, "Dan, I know you are a big Detroit Lions fan but when you are in that foursome with some of the Packers then you DO NOT say a thing about the Lions! I am a huge Atlanta Falcons fan but on the golf course with the Packers I don't say nothing bout no Falcons. Understand?!!!"
I am kinda jealous of him. I'll send you pics if I get any.
Old 07-08-2013, 05:00 PM
80sRule
Safety Car

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by corvetteronw
Headed for Florida to be nearer to kids. I found out last week that I have Alzheimer's. Not sure how much longer I will be lucid and able to take care of business.
I have a pole barn/garage full of tools and automotive gear that I would rather sell to one or two people instead of having the hassle of a garage sale.
Includes all kinds of metric and SAE hand tools and a good sized tool cart. The largest item is a 220V 60 gal air compressor. I have a set of lumber/Rhino ramps that allow me to get my car up quite high and then remove the approach ramps so you can get at exhaust/driveline/etc. Includes things like HVLP spray guns, stand mounted grinder/buffer, heavy duty car polisher/buffer, timing light, drop cords/lights, impact wrench, air tools, drill press. The list goes on and on. I do not have a welder.
We are putting our house up for sale soon but who knows how long it will take. I have a C4 "work in progress" that I will continue to work on until I have to move. At that time I will either drive or tow it to my one son who is still in the area and give it to him.
So - what I am looking for is someone who wants a good price on my car stuff. I want to continue to use all of it until I have to move out so that's the deal. The good part for you is that you can negotiate with the owner instead of bidding against others at my estate sale.
I am hoping that someone here on the Forum would like to have this stuff so they can start or expand their own "man cave". Maybe we could do a PayPal Bill Me Later transaction.
PM me and let's talk.
Don't feel bad or sad for me though as I have had a great life and family. I am a Christian and know where I am going.
Ron, I'll talk with my dad as he's a machinist and we both work on cars. We'd possibly be interested in the air compressor and some tools. I'm not asking you to hold anything, its not even a firm maybe.

My paternal grandmother had really bad rheumatoid arthritis and a little dementia (no diagnosis, but there is speculation it was alzheimers). She was 52 when they moved to Indian Rocks Beach, Florida because of these issues. It improved her quality of life SO much. My dad was 12 when they moved and he said in his life he hadn't seen her as active and as sharp as down there; I know it's just a nicer climate, but my grandpa said that moving down there extended her life and made the time she had much better.

If we bought anything it'd be US currency in your hand. You're a stand up guy and I'm glad that the Corvette I owned was owned by you. I wish you the best as you really deserve it. If you need any help at all, feel free to ask or call (I'll pm the info); I'm not too far in Plainfield township and working in Ada and would be happy to stop by and drop stuff off or help you out.
Old 07-08-2013, 06:54 PM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

Location: Elmhurst, IL (West Suburb of Chicago) & Home of MEGA Horsepower
Received 584 Likes on 399 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

OP, thoughts and prayers going out.

You have a GREAT and very courageous attidude about everything, which no doubt is a direct result of your FAITH as a Christian.

GOD Speed to you brother!
Old 07-08-2013, 08:11 PM
trebor8008
Pro

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Get notified of new replies

To Selling out. Grand Rapids, MI area

Quick Reply: Selling out. Grand Rapids, MI area