Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

Exhaust shops in South East Michigan ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2017, 10:20 PM
Marshjn
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts
Default Exhaust shops in South East Michigan ?

Hi. I'm looking to replace my C7 Z51 OEM NPP exhaust with a Corsa Xtreme valve back system and Double helixx pipe. I enquired a couple of Chevrolet dealers and they said they don't work on after market installation here in Michigan. Anybody from the forum has done this installation in any exhaust shop in south east Michigan ? Please recommend
Old 04-20-2017, 09:09 AM
kenownr
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 437 Likes on 316 Posts

Did you find a place yet? All of the shops I checked with (east-side) said no because it removes the un-monitored cats. (Borla X-Pipe)
Friend at work has friend that runs small shop that said he would do it next week for me. Actually if I had access to hoist I'd do it myself - looks like a pretty easy job. I'll PM you after install and give you info IF the guy does a descent job -- tom
Old 04-20-2017, 09:45 AM
Marshjn
Instructor

I have emailed few chevy dealers like les Stanford and few other Motorsport shops like livernois. Few shops that has responded did not know how to go ahead with it as Corsa involves minor cutting and welding. So hopefully if any of these big shops steps in, Il be able to get it installed. But also let me know how your install goes. 😀
Originally Posted by kenownr
Did you find a place yet? All of the shops I checked with (east-side) said no because it removes the un-monitored cats. (Borla X-Pipe)
Friend at work has friend that runs small shop that said he would do it next week for me. Actually if I had access to hoist I'd do it myself - looks like a pretty easy job. I'll PM you after install and give you info IF the guy does a descent job -- tom
Old 04-20-2017, 12:12 PM
$$$frumnuttin'
Tech Contributor

Location: Should this thoughtful, valuable contribution meet with no acknowledgement or 'thanks' this post----
Received 399 Likes on 257 Posts

Years ago, we formed a caravan of C5 owners and drove to Corsa (near Cleveland) and they installed their systems...made a great day trip!
Old 04-20-2017, 12:49 PM
Marshjn
Instructor

It's a 3 hour drive and I can do that. I'm going to give Corsa a call today. How much did they charge you for the installation ? Few custom shops over have quoted me around 400-500$ with 4-5 hour labor.

Originally Posted by $$$frumnuttin'
Years ago, we formed a caravan of C5 owners and drove to Corsa (near Cleveland) and they installed their systems...made a great day trip!
Old 04-20-2017, 03:47 PM
FKING1
Safety Car

Received 105 Likes on 78 Posts

Just had a Borla X Pipe installed by Dearborn Auto Electric on Ford Road just east of Beech Daly. See Bob, 313-562-7710
Not a muffler shop, but, know Corvettes.
Several muffler shops would not touch the install, most because of getting car on their rack.
The following users liked this post:
kenownr (04-20-2017)
Old 04-20-2017, 03:51 PM
Marshjn
Instructor

Thanks. I wil reach them out. What was your installation cost ?
Originally Posted by FKING1
Just had a Borla X Pipe installed by Dearborn Auto Electric on Ford Road just east of Beech Daly. See Bob, 313-562-7710
Several muffler shops would not touch the install, most because of getting car on their rack.
Old 04-20-2017, 10:56 PM
FKING1
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Marshjn
Thanks. I wil reach them out. What was your installation cost ?
About $150, however they had several unusual problems.
Was a weld on rear clamp to exhaust pipe,, could not get studs out of front & had to get new.
A one hour job took several.
No complaints.
Old 04-21-2017, 12:30 PM
$$$frumnuttin'
Tech Contributor

Location: Should this thoughtful, valuable contribution meet with no acknowledgement or 'thanks' this post----
Received 399 Likes on 257 Posts

Originally Posted by FKING1
....even better idea price is right too...jump on it...FKING1 did all the beta testing for you!
Old 04-21-2017, 02:03 PM
Chevette!?!?
Instructor

Received 58 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Marshjn
Hi. I'm looking to replace my C7 Z51 OEM NPP exhaust with a Corsa Xtreme valve back system and Double helixx pipe. I enquired a couple of Chevrolet dealers and they said they don't work on after market installation here in Michigan. Anybody from the forum has done this installation in any exhaust shop in south east Michigan ? Please recommend
There's a small shop called Tracy Corvette on 29069 Calahan Dr, Roseville. I think it's near 12 mile East of Groesbeck Hwy. They might be able to do the job!
Old 04-21-2017, 04:38 PM
FKING1
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Chevette!?!?
There's a small shop called Tracy Corvette on 29069 Calahan Dr, Roseville. I think it's near 12 mile East of Groesbeck Hwy. They might be able to do the job!
Tracy specializes in restorations & parts.
Very expensive.
Not to bad mouth them, but,would not recommend them for your job.
The following users liked this post:
$$$frumnuttin' (04-21-2017)
Old 04-23-2017, 05:16 PM
YLWFVR75
Le Mans Master

Received 183 Likes on 89 Posts
SE Michigan Coordinator
CI 3, 4, 5, 6, 10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09-'11,-'13-'14-'15
NCM Sinkhole Donor

What about matick Chevrolet ? Did you ask them?

Get notified of new replies

To Exhaust shops in South East Michigan ?

Quick Reply: Exhaust shops in South East Michigan ?