Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

Looking for a pair of eyes close to Anderson, IN

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2017, 09:55 AM
Stig13
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Looking for a pair of eyes close to Anderson, IN

Hey everyone! I'm in St. Louis, MO and looking at buying a vette that's at a dealer in Anderson, IN which is about a 4.5 hour drive for me. Is there anyone in that area that might have a few minutes to look it over for me? I'm willing to discuss compensation for your time.

I'm not expecting anyone to be a mechanic, but would like an opinion on any imperfections in the body, how it sounds/idles, if it shifts through the gates OK, and the state and age of the tires. I've asked the dealer for some additional pics, video, and copy of the GMVIS report.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you in advance!
Old 07-14-2017, 05:19 PM
sgmcneil
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Stig13
Hey everyone! I'm in St. Louis, MO and looking at buying a vette that's at a dealer in Anderson, IN which is about a 4.5 hour drive for me. Is there anyone in that area that might have a few minutes to look it over for me? I'm willing to discuss compensation for your time.

I'm not expecting anyone to be a mechanic, but would like an opinion on any imperfections in the body, how it sounds/idles, if it shifts through the gates OK, and the state and age of the tires. I've asked the dealer for some additional pics, video, and copy of the GMVIS report.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you in advance!
I live in Anderson. Which dealer? I'm not expert on used cars but I'd be glad to look at it for you.
Old 07-14-2017, 06:43 PM
Stig13
Intermediate

Originally Posted by sgmcneil
I live in Anderson. Which dealer? I'm not expert on used cars but I'd be glad to look at it for you.
Thanks for the offer! I took the leap and will be driving in to pick it up tomorrow. Salesman helped with additional pics and video of requested areas of the car and I feel pretty good about it. Fingers crossed.
Old 09-13-2017, 02:34 PM
dustinfz6r
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Did you get your car from Ed Martin?
Old 09-13-2017, 05:22 PM
Stig13
Intermediate

Originally Posted by dustinfz6r
Did you get your car from Ed Martin?
Yep.