Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

Corvette C7 Wide Body Conversion - Michigan / Ohio Areas

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2017, 09:12 PM
KGrant
Melting Slicks

Received 1,195 Likes on 663 Posts
C7 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist 2021
Default Corvette C7 Wide Body Conversion - Michigan / Ohio Areas

Out of curiosity, since I am considering a wide body conversion, I am wondering if anyone in the Michigan neck of the woods or closer parts of OHIO have done the Wide Body Conversion as a DIY and/or had done by a local shop?
Old 10-09-2017, 12:10 AM
NoOne
Team Owner

Received 503 Likes on 247 Posts

I talked to a few shops and most of the quotes I received did not make it economical. It was nearly a wash to sell the car and buy a new GS if you took sales tax out of the picture. Hence the reason my car is for sale.

DIY saved you some money but it was still nearly 10K when all said and done due to wheels/tires.

If you search the C7 section JetMech did his own conversion with a lot of detail and another forum member who's name escapes me found a faster way to get the rocker panels off in about 1/5th the time that the method used by others.

Last edited by NoOne; 10-09-2017 at 12:10 AM.
Old 10-09-2017, 12:33 AM
KGrant
Melting Slicks

Received 1,195 Likes on 663 Posts
C7 of the Year - Unmodified Finalist 2021

Originally Posted by NoOne
I talked to a few shops and most of the quotes I received did not make it economical. It was nearly a wash to sell the car and buy a new GS if you took sales tax out of the picture. Hence the reason my car is for sale.

DIY saved you some money but it was still nearly 10K when all said and done due to wheels/tires.

If you search the C7 section JetMech did his own conversion with a lot of detail and another forum member who's name escapes me found a faster way to get the rocker panels off in about 1/5th the time that the method used by others.
I have followed the two step by step DIY wide body conversions threads. The aperture tear out is the most challenging. If I could get a professional to do that part, I could do the rest.

I’m waiting on a quote from small local shop that I rode by and they were working on a few exotics doing body work so they seem to have confidence of Car owners of much more expensive cars so I look foreword to their quote. Once I get the quote I would see if they have interest in just doing the aperture tear out and painting while I out the car back together.
Old 10-09-2017, 12:37 PM
ToppThat
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Default Super vette wide body

If you're worried about the cost,good start just a good bodyman and custom painter will set you back close to 20,if you want show quality.All the other costs add up too. Believe me I'm in the middle of a extreme c6 project. Just finding someone qualified is like winning lotto. Your garage will be empty for a while.

Get notified of new replies

To Corvette C7 Wide Body Conversion - Michigan / Ohio Areas

Quick Reply: Corvette C7 Wide Body Conversion - Michigan / Ohio Areas