Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

Collector Car Insurance Rates in Wisconsin

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2017, 08:31 PM
ghlkal
Safety Car

Received 480 Likes on 388 Posts
2023 C4 of the Year Finalist- Modified
Finalist 2020 C4 of the Year - Modified
C4 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019
2018 C4 of Year Finalist

Default Collector Car Insurance Rates in Wisconsin

Over the past 2 years, my rates have doubled. I'm being told that Wisconsin says that all drivers in the household must be "included" in the policy/rate. I have two adult children living with me. (They don't drive the ZR-1 and neither does my wife since it's a stick - but, of course, that doesn't matter for insurance.)

No need to recommend an insurance company, as I'm happy to contact a number and get a quote, but ...

Does anyone know if something "happened" here in Wisconsin to drive a dramatic increase in collector car insurance rates?

Thanks

Last edited by ghlkal; 12-28-2017 at 08:50 PM.
Old 12-29-2017, 10:58 AM
tommyn
Melting Slicks

Received 168 Likes on 88 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

This is interesting to me. Who are you currently insured with? I have NCM insurance with the cars currently garaged at my Arizona property. My rate increased about 5% this year, the first time in 3 years. I am thinking of moving some of the cars to the Wisconsin property so they will get more use this coming summer. Adam Boca, care to add your input?
Old 12-29-2017, 09:07 PM
ghlkal
Safety Car

Received 480 Likes on 388 Posts
2023 C4 of the Year Finalist- Modified
Finalist 2020 C4 of the Year - Modified
C4 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019
2018 C4 of Year Finalist

American Collectors via the NCM.
Old 12-30-2017, 02:55 PM
Adam Boca
Race Director

Location: www.ncminsurance.com Bowling Green KY Home of the Corvette!
Received 126 Likes on 66 Posts
CI 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12 Vet
St. Jude Donor '07-'08
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Morning! First, we hate increases as much as you do. It is never fun for any of us. We don't make these increases individually as it is the carrier or the state making changes.

Here are a couple reasons, and I hope this makes it easier to understand.

9 out of 10 states allow us to exclude youthful operators (under 25). WI does not allow this exclusion, thus the rates are derived from the "highest risk" on the policy. I really wish there was a way around this.

Within the last year our carrier has redeveloped their collector vehicle program. There were many reasons for this change from a better product for the customer to taking the carrier we use with 7 companies down to 1. Very few of our customers have experienced a rate increase, most are going down.

If you want to give us a call we can reevaluate the policy with you and see if there is anyplace we can make a change. During the conversion we have seen some discounts not being applied, and you may be one of those.

Give us a call and we will be happy to discuss with you.

Thanks!!

Adam
877-678-7626
Old 12-31-2017, 10:06 AM
tommyn
Melting Slicks

Received 168 Likes on 88 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Adam, Thanks for the input / explanation. I will give you a call in January after all the holiday, year end stuff slows down.
Gary, Is your adult children age a factor in your increase? Have you shopped your policy? I have read on this forum and another many happy customers who are insured with heacock. I did suffer a total loss in 2011 with one of my cars while insured with NCM and everything was handled quickly without issue.
Old 01-02-2018, 10:23 AM
Adam Boca
Race Director

Location: www.ncminsurance.com Bowling Green KY Home of the Corvette!
Received 126 Likes on 66 Posts
CI 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-12 Vet
St. Jude Donor '07-'08
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by tommyn
Adam, Thanks for the input / explanation. I will give you a call in January after all the holiday, year end stuff slows down.
Gary, Is your adult children age a factor in your increase? Have you shopped your policy? I have read on this forum and another many happy customers who are insured with heacock. I did suffer a total loss in 2011 with one of my cars while insured with NCM and everything was handled quickly without issue.
My pleasure! Look forward to talking to you again!

We use the same carrier as you mentioned, so rates should be the same. They don't have any discounts that we don't have access to.

Get notified of new replies

To Collector Car Insurance Rates in Wisconsin

Quick Reply: Collector Car Insurance Rates in Wisconsin