Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

Seeking shop for C5 dash HVAC work in Chicago area

Old 02-03-2018, 12:18 PM
JCOB2
Pro

Received 202 Likes on 69 Posts

Default Seeking shop for C5 dash HVAC work in Chicago area

97 C5 with in-dash HVAC issues. Blender door actuators not working properly. I understand the dash needs to come out to replace the actuators, and there is an upgrade on 99+ with improved indexing on the actuators. AC is properly charged and blows cold on passenger side but hot on driver side.

Can anyone recommend a reputable C5 shop in the Chicago area (preferably NW) that does this kind of work? I know Speed Inc in Schaumburg but not sure if this kind of repair is their bailiwick... Any recommendations?
Old 02-07-2018, 11:32 AM
mrmagloo
Pro

Received 55 Likes on 48 Posts

I cannot vouch for these guys, but the previous owner of my C5 swore by Lindberg Auto in Lake Zurich at Rand and Quentin. They claim to specialize in Vettes and he highly recommended them if I ever ran into any issues. He told me he was running into weird electrical issues and they solved the problem for $70. Evidently, it was a ground at the fusebox but certainly, a very fair and honest repair.
Old 02-08-2018, 12:43 PM
johnnyvettes
CHICAGO CREW !
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: We are living in a Bazzaro World everything is upside down half ass backwards !
Received 90 Likes on 63 Posts
CI 4-5-6-7-8-9 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08 & '12

go talk to Kevin at Libertyville chevy he is the vette teck and runs the speed shop at the dealer . he's been a vette teck for well over 20 + years ,when I had my c5 he did all the work !

Get notified of new replies

To Seeking shop for C5 dash HVAC work in Chicago area

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Seeking shop for C5 dash HVAC work in Chicago area