Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

Southeast Michigan Detailer Recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2018, 09:19 PM
scmgoblue
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Default Southeast Michigan Detailer Recommendations?

Apologies if I missed a thread on this but search didn't turn up anything obvious; looking for detailer / paint protection film installer recommendations in my general vicinity. I'm located in Canton, MI but am more than willing to travel for someone that's highly recommended! The vette actually already has Xpel and ceramic coating so I'm fairly set there but my SS is badly in need of correction from the delivery prep and then looking at putting paint protection film on the front of the car as well. Any recommendations would be much appreciated!
Old 03-30-2018, 10:56 PM
YLWFVR75
Le Mans Master

Received 183 Likes on 89 Posts
SE Michigan Coordinator
CI 3, 4, 5, 6, 10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09-'11,-'13-'14-'15
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Check out classic appreciation in Rochester Hills. I've had my C5 and my daily driver done there and they did a great Job. They've got different option packages available.
The following users liked this post:
scmgoblue (03-31-2018)
Old 03-31-2018, 08:34 AM
luvmy82
Melting Slicks

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

This place is right in your backyard for film protection on the front clip. They are located in Plymouth. I recommend you get an appointment ASAP, they fill up quickly as people bring their cars out of storage.

They didn’t my C7 last year and did a fantastic job. These guys are perfectionists and very professional.

http://www.norockchips.com/
scmgoblue (03-31-2018)
Old 03-31-2018, 09:47 AM
scmgoblue
Intermediate

Thanks a lot guys, really appreciate it! Will definitely check these places out!
Old 04-04-2018, 09:24 AM
LT1 Z51
Corvette Enthusiast
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 921 Likes on 614 Posts

I've used Motor City Auto Spa. Prices are decent, service is excellent.
scmgoblue (04-05-2018)
Old 04-04-2018, 09:29 AM
WideVette
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by luvmy82
This place is right in your backyard for film protection on the front clip. They are located in Plymouth. I recommend you get an appointment ASAP, they fill up quickly as people bring their cars out of storage.

They didn’t my C7 last year and did a fantastic job. These guys are perfectionists and very professional.

http://www.norockchips.com/

A friend recently had to wait nearly 3 months to schedule his film. He was thoroughly impressed! People come from all over the Midwest to have their cars protected.

Last edited by WideVette; 04-04-2018 at 09:30 AM.
scmgoblue (04-05-2018)
Old 04-18-2018, 08:37 PM
scmgoblue
Intermediate

Originally Posted by YLWFVR75
Check out classic appreciation in Rochester Hills. I've had my C5 and my daily driver done there and they did a great Job. They've got different option packages available.
Thanks for the recommendation, ended up going to Classic Appreciation and was very impressed, well worth the drive in my opinion. They did great work on the paint correction including a decent size paint chip repair on the hood. I would happily recommend them to anyone else in the area.

I'm waiting to hear back on a quote from the Clear Auto Bra Michigan folks, the reviews there are certainly impressive.

Old 04-20-2018, 03:17 PM
naturaldisaster3
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by scmgoblue
Thanks for the recommendation, ended up going to Classic Appreciation and was very impressed, well worth the drive in my opinion. They did great work on the paint correction including a decent size paint chip repair on the hood. I would happily recommend them to anyone else in the area.

I'm waiting to hear back on a quote from the Clear Auto Bra Michigan folks, the reviews there are certainly impressive.

I just got a quote from Clear Auto Bra.. $1200 for front bumper, headlight covers, and the bottom 24" of the hood.... If I wanted to whole hood done, it would be $2500... I think I will just deal with the rock chips at this point...
scmgoblue (04-20-2018)
Old 04-20-2018, 08:56 PM
NoOne
Team Owner

Received 503 Likes on 247 Posts

Motor City Auto Spa and Classic Appreciation both were excellent and did on par work.
Old 04-20-2018, 11:18 PM
scmgoblue
Intermediate

Originally Posted by naturaldisaster3
I just got a quote from Clear Auto Bra.. $1200 for front bumper, headlight covers, and the bottom 24" of the hood.... If I wanted to whole hood done, it would be $2500... I think I will just deal with the rock chips at this point...
Ok, I got the same quote as well, I had asked if they could do whole hood, front bumper, and then just the "standard" front quarter panels but I haven't heard anything back from them since asking. That price seems awfully high compared to what I paid to have the entire front of the Vette wrapped in Xpel just 2 years ago. My main concern is only doing a partial hood will leave an obvious line across the hood which I'd like to avoid at all costs..
Old 04-21-2018, 03:19 PM
YLWFVR75
Le Mans Master

Received 183 Likes on 89 Posts
SE Michigan Coordinator
CI 3, 4, 5, 6, 10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09-'11,-'13-'14-'15
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Cool. Glad it worked out for you and worth the drive. Greg and the team are awesome.
scmgoblue (04-23-2018)
Old 04-22-2018, 07:57 PM
LT1 Z51
Corvette Enthusiast
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 921 Likes on 614 Posts

I paid $5500 to get my whole Corvette wrapped. Buddy of mine was quoted $6800 for a GT350 R, he choose to do the front, doors, rockers, roof, and rear quarters for $4000 (so his whole back end save for a small "luggage" piece is not covered).
scmgoblue (04-23-2018)
Old 04-23-2018, 09:13 AM
naturaldisaster3
Instructor

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

Ok, I got the same quote as well, I had asked if they could do whole hood, front bumper, and then just the "standard" front quarter panels but I haven't heard anything back from them since asking. That price seems awfully high compared to what I paid to have the entire front of the Vette wrapped in Xpel just 2 years ago. My main concern is only doing a partial hood will leave an obvious line across the hood which I'd like to avoid at all costs..
Yeah, I too wanted to entire hood but because I have a few rock chips on the top corner on the passenger side. When I talked to Jennifer at Clear Bra, she said the lead time is to the end of June at this point so it seems like its supply/demand on the price.. At $2K +, it's cheaper to have Classic Appreciation do the outside detail with paint chip repair every Spring for about 10 years..
scmgoblue (04-23-2018)

Get notified of new replies

To Southeast Michigan Detailer Recommendations?

Quick Reply: Southeast Michigan Detailer Recommendations?