Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

October 20-SE Mich-Fall Color Tour-New Boston-Chelsea-Dexter Cider Mill

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2018, 04:32 PM
luvmy82
Melting Slicks

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

Default October 20-SE Mich-Fall Color Tour-New Boston-Chelsea-Dexter Cider Mill

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, due to the weather forecast our cider mill cruise will be cancelled this year.

There is a 50% chance of rain at 2:00 pm and because of the twisty roads we will be driving on, we don't want to risk anyone getting into an accident.

I know all of you were really looking forward to this event as a way to close out the season, but unfortunately this year Mother Nature did not want to cooperate.

See everyone next year!

Last edited by luvmy82; 10-19-2018 at 08:27 AM. Reason: add photo
Old 08-19-2018, 09:12 PM
rkj427
Race Director
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,938 Likes on 2,466 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2023 C6 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods)

You can count me in for two. I ill also share this with numerous others, and hopefully will make additions to the vehicle and headcount as days go bye closer to the date.

To those who have NOT attended this in the past, it is a great time and a great way to spend the day together with this group!
Old 08-21-2018, 09:32 AM
luvmy82
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '12

You have been added! Yes, please pass the word along to others that may be interested in coming!
Old 08-22-2018, 09:46 AM
Mike Cipolla
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by luvmy82
Yes boys and girls, I'm sorry to say but it's getting to be that time of year again so....get ready to shine your Vettes and CTS-V's, and rev your engines for the-end-of-the-driving-season world-famous Dexter Cider Mill Cruise which is set for Saturday, October 20th!

Please pass this invitation on to any friends who may be interested in attending.

We will gather together for an afternoon of cruising with Mother Nature’s cooperation. This cruise will be an all back roads ride through the scenic Michigan countryside. And as always, the caravan will travel in packs of 12 with a driver/leader, and no one is left behind to fend for themselves.

I'm looking for volunteers to be a "pack leader." Maps and driving directions will be provided.

Lunch will be at the Common Grille in Chelsea, MI

After lunch, it's on to the Dexter Cider mill!!!

Here’s the link to the Dexter Cider Mill website: http://www.dextercidermill.com/

Dexter is a very quaint town that resembles Mayberry RFD. During the fall season, there are several festivals going on in the main Town Square.

The Dexter Cider Mill has been in existence for over 100 years, and has the great unfiltered cider we all enjoyed as a kid. The cinnamon doughnuts are greasy and sugary, and they also sell the usual wide fare of apple related items in the store.

Don't forget to bring your fly swatters so you can whack away at the bees that will be circling your cider cup! (seriously, I'm bringing one!)

When we arrive Dexter, we will drive and park as close to or on the property of the cider mill as we can.

Here’s the itinerary:

Cruise In Date: Saturday, October 20th.

If it rains, the event will be cancelled. I will post the cancellation on the forum and my Facebook page.

Cruise Location Starting Point: Huron High School parking lot. Address: 32044 Huron River Drive, New Boston. (Across the street from Michigan Memorial Park Cemetery. If you need assistance confirming the location, just email me at luvmyc6@comcast.net)

Mingle Time/Assembly of Caravan/Line Up of Cars: 9:45 am.

Depart for Cruise: 10:15 am. SHARP (due to the cider mill closing at 5:00 pm we MUST leave on time. So if you have road construction to consider on your drive to the meeting point, please plan ahead!)

Arrive Common Grill: 11:15 am. (I will be posting in the future, a common place for all of us to park)

Address: 112 South Main Street Chelsea, MI 48118

http://www.commongrill.com/

We will depart Common Grille at 1:30 sharp! We have a great after lunch cruise set in some of the most scenic roads in SE Michigan that is typically used for photo/video shoots by the auto industry.

End Rally Point: The Dexter Cider Mill.
3685 Central Street Dexter, MI

We will pose by our rock just to the left of the cider mill for our last photo together (*sigh*) and most of you will be storing your Vettes/CTS-V's for the winter.

When you RSVP, don't forget to mention how many in your party so I can give The Common Grille a final head count!

See you October 20!

Corvette Forum
luvmy82-2
rkj427-2

CTS-V
Count me in. Mcipolla HVCC -2
Old 08-22-2018, 11:47 AM
luvmy82
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by Mike Cipolla
Count me in. Mcipolla HVCC -2
Done!
Old 08-22-2018, 10:19 PM
Edduprey
Cruising

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Count me in for 2
Old 08-23-2018, 04:29 PM
luvmy82
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by Edduprey
Count me in for 2
Done!
Old 08-29-2018, 11:10 PM
TORXILA
Pro

Early feedback has 5 cars, with a total of 8 people so far Suzanne

George
Old 09-02-2018, 05:13 PM
DRKCYDE
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Cruise-In VII & IX Veteran

I would like to attend with a +1
Old 09-04-2018, 01:04 PM
luvmy82
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by DRKCYDE
I would like to attend with a +1
Done!
Old 09-24-2018, 12:35 PM
rkj427
Race Director
Pro Mechanic
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,938 Likes on 2,466 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2023 C6 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods)

Would like to add (2) more C7's with (2) people in each vehicle at this time.

They will ride out and meet the group with me. May be some more, these are just confirmed as going to this event!
Old 09-28-2018, 07:45 AM
inthehunt2
Melting Slicks

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Kim and I will be there!
Old 10-02-2018, 12:50 AM
TORXILA
Pro

Originally Posted by luvmy82
Yes boys and girls, I'm sorry to say but it's getting to be that time of year again so....get ready to shine your Vettes and CTS-V's, and rev your engines for the-end-of-the-driving-season world-famous Dexter Cider Mill Cruise which is set for Saturday, October 20th!

Please pass this invitation on to any friends who may be interested in attending.

We will gather together for an afternoon of cruising with Mother Nature’s cooperation. This cruise will be an all back roads ride through the scenic Michigan countryside. And as always, the caravan will travel in packs of 12 with a driver/leader, and no one is left behind to fend for themselves.

I'm looking for volunteers to be a "pack leader." Maps and driving directions will be provided.

Lunch will be at the Common Grille in Chelsea, MI

After lunch, it's on to the Dexter Cider mill!!!

Here’s the link to the Dexter Cider Mill website: http://www.dextercidermill.com/

Dexter is a very quaint town that resembles Mayberry RFD. During the fall season, there are several festivals going on in the main Town Square.

The Dexter Cider Mill has been in existence for over 100 years, and has the great unfiltered cider we all enjoyed as a kid. The cinnamon doughnuts are greasy and sugary, and they also sell the usual wide fare of apple related items in the store.

Don't forget to bring your fly swatters so you can whack away at the bees that will be circling your cider cup! (seriously, I'm bringing one!)

When we arrive Dexter, we will drive and park as close to or on the property of the cider mill as we can.

Here’s the itinerary:

Cruise In Date: Saturday, October 20th.

If it rains, the event will be cancelled. I will post the cancellation on the forum and my Facebook page.

Cruise Location Starting Point: Huron High School parking lot. Address: 32044 Huron River Drive, New Boston. (Across the street from Michigan Memorial Park Cemetery. If you need assistance confirming the location, just email me at luvmyc6@comcast.net)

Mingle Time/Assembly of Caravan/Line Up of Cars: 9:45 am.

Depart for Cruise: 10:15 am. SHARP (due to the cider mill closing at 5:00 pm we MUST leave on time. So if you have road construction to consider on your drive to the meeting point, please plan ahead!)

Arrive Common Grill: 11:15 am. (I will be posting in the future, a common place for all of us to park)

Address: 112 South Main Street Chelsea, MI 48118

http://www.commongrill.com/

We will depart Common Grille at 1:30 sharp! We have a great after lunch cruise set in some of the most scenic roads in SE Michigan that is typically used for photo/video shoots by the auto industry.

End Rally Point: The Dexter Cider Mill.
3685 Central Street Dexter, MI

We will pose by our rock just to the left of the cider mill for our last photo together (*sigh*) and most of you will be storing your Vettes/CTS-V's for the winter.

When you RSVP, don't forget to mention how many in your party so I can give The Common Grille a final head count!

See you October 20!

Corvette Forum
luvmy82-2
rkj427-2
Mike Cipolla-2
Edduprey-2
DRKCYDE-2

CTS-V
5 cars, with a total of 8 people
Update Suzanne. 7 cars, 13 peeps as of 10.01/18 George

Old 10-06-2018, 04:03 PM
Melting Slicks

Received 556 Likes on 263 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran

Mongoose Here>, as of today our HVCC group has 10 Corvette's and 17 people signed up on the HVCC web site so far.
Goose
Old 10-06-2018, 06:26 PM
Melting Slicks

Received 556 Likes on 263 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran

For those “first timers” running the key-hole route I have some tips to keep your fenders in your car!The Key-Hole route has many blind corners, off camber turns and abrupt road elevation changesTip #1> If you have had the pleasure of driving the Tail of the Dragon, then you know never-ever cross the road center yellow line! This also applies to the Key-Hole run.Tip #2> Do not switch off ANY of your cars driver aids, such as traction control and active handling.Tip #3> SPEED> DO NOT HAUL AZZ on the Key-Hole AND make sure you maintain a safe braking distance from the car in front of you. Again, blind corners, road surface elevation changes and no run-off shoulders.Some screen-shots of the Key-Hole run.Lets enjoy this run and “arrive alive” for some cider and doughnut! Goose
Old 10-08-2018, 08:33 AM
DRKCYDE
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Cruise-In VII & IX Veteran

Will there be some some sort of trophy for the fastest car through this section for those of us that do want to turn off driver aids?

Originally Posted by 69
For those “first timers” running the key-hole route I have some tips to keep your fenders in your car!The Key-Hole route has many blind corners, off camber turns and abrupt road elevation changesTip #1> If you have had the pleasure of driving the Tail of the Dragon, then you know never-ever cross the road center yellow line! This also applies to the Key-Hole run.Tip #2> Do not switch off ANY of your cars driver aids, such as traction control and active handling.Tip #3> SPEED> DO NOT HAUL AZZ on the Key-Hole AND make sure you maintain a safe braking distance from the car in front of you. Again, blind corners, road surface elevation changes and no run-off shoulders.Some screen-shots of the Key-Hole run.Lets enjoy this run and “arrive alive” for some cider and doughnut! Goose

Last edited by DRKCYDE; 10-08-2018 at 05:22 PM.
Old 10-08-2018, 09:07 AM
farmington
Safety Car

Received 1,119 Likes on 798 Posts

yes. it will resemble a maple tree, as a matter of fact it will be a maple tree.

Get notified of new replies

To October 20-SE Mich-Fall Color Tour-New Boston-Chelsea-Dexter Cider Mill

Old 10-08-2018, 11:35 AM
luvmy82
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '12

List has been updated. Thank you Kevin (as usual) for all your help in researching and mapping out what I think will be a beautiful ride! Now all we have to do is keep our fingers crossed for great weather.

Oh, one more thing I forgot to mention, there are sheriffs and local police hiding like spiders on the side of the road just dying to catch you and give out tickets to speeders. Last year, we did have the unfortunate incident where someone in our group was pulled over and given a ticket. So please be careful out there!

Last edited by luvmy82; 10-08-2018 at 11:37 AM.
Old 10-08-2018, 11:02 PM
TORXILA
Pro

UPDATED
8 cars 15 peeps as of 10 8 18

G
Old 10-09-2018, 03:11 PM
luvmy82
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '12

Thanks George! Numbers have been updated.

Quick Reply: October 20-SE Mich-Fall Color Tour-New Boston-Chelsea-Dexter Cider Mill