Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

Storage near Chicago available.

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2018, 04:35 PM
KapsSA
Safety Car

Received 170 Likes on 137 Posts

Default Storage near Chicago available.

Update 2022
Have a few spots available. 2 are along the wall, park it and leave it, no need to leave key or move it.

2018. Haven't heard back from a few people and it's getting late so opening up some spots.
$30 month, $4 additional for your battery tender hookup.
I'm out in the country near Peotone Il. about 30 miles south of Chicago(most of my customers are from the north Chicago suburbs, go figure)
Don't run the heat, not really necessary but also cause it's expensive.
Insurance is car owner's responsibility.
Available spots MAY require moving of the car in spring to allow others out. Usually just roll it out of the way, no startup if possible.
Can give some Forum references if desired.

Last edited by KapsSA; 10-23-2022 at 03:49 PM.
Old 01-17-2019, 01:33 PM
TAL
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I've stored many cars at Mike's garage.

I currently have a 2014 Acura ILX stored there now.

Great rates and a great guy to deal with.

Watch out for ankle-biting Yorkies!

Last edited by TAL; 01-17-2019 at 01:34 PM.
Old 02-04-2019, 04:06 PM
G.Rossman
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13, '15, ‘18, '21

Obviously a bit late now with the weather but once the salt is done what kind of setup would you have for long term storage? May want to store my 98 C5 next winter so I can get an SUV in my home garage. I also have a 71 project car that I hope to get the body off of this summer, I would probably not mind having the body stored safe while I get the chassis and motor work done before putting them two back together again. That might take a while to get done. I am south of you down in Indy. My garage is not heated but is attached to the house so it stays above freezing normally. Is your garage about the same? Any issues with rodents?
Old 02-05-2019, 02:49 PM
KapsSA
Safety Car

You're 150 miles away!
Does get below freezing at times, but I've been out there in a sweatshirt and comfortable.
Never had any problems with mice bothering any cars. But yes, I do catch the occasional mouse, I'm in the country.
My cars have been out there year round for 20 years. Look the same as they did when I put them in there, actually better.
That Acura mentioned above has been with me for 2 1/2 years.
If you're really interested contact me when you want to bring something out. I don't hold spots for NEW folks, too many never show up.
Old 02-10-2019, 03:55 PM
G.Rossman
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13, '15, ‘18, '21

I understand and would not expect you to. I am a bit farther away then I would like but when I saw long term storage I mean leave it there for 8 months or better at a time. Depending on the car possibly longer then that even. I just do not have the parking space or storage for much since I moved and had to condense down into a 2 car plus 4' bump garage.

Originally Posted by KapsSA
You're 150 miles away!
Does get below freezing at times, but I've been out there in a sweatshirt and comfortable.
Never had any problems with mice bothering any cars. But yes, I do catch the occasional mouse, I'm in the country.
My cars have been out there year round for 20 years. Look the same as they did when I put them in there, actually better.
That Acura mentioned above has been with me for 2 1/2 years.
If you're really interested contact me when you want to bring something out. I don't hold spots for NEW folks, too many never show up.
Old 02-13-2019, 06:55 PM
BRZI
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

I have not been on the forum in a while so saw this a little to late. I have been storing my car, and my sons now for the past couple years with Mike. He keeps the cars stored safely in a nice and clean environment. 100% Professional. He is a great guy to deal with.
Old 10-21-2021, 06:33 PM
number25_c5
Cruising

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KapsSA
Haven't heard back from a few people and it's getting late so opening up some spots.
$30 month, $4 additional for battery tender.
I'm out in the country near Peotone Il. about 30 miles south of Chicago(most of my customers are from the north Chicago suburbs, go figure)
Don't run the heat, not really necessary but also cause it's expensive.
Insurance is car owner's responsibility.
Available spots MAY require moving of the car in spring to allow others out. Usually just roll it out of the way, no startup if possible.
Can give some Forum references if desired.

Is this still up and running? Looking for a place for the C5 I just picked up. If so please PM me with your contact info, I can’t send messages here yet being a brand new forum member.
Old 11-21-2021, 02:33 AM
TAL
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by number25_c5
Is this still up and running? Looking for a place for the C5 I just picked up. If so please PM me with your contact info, I can’t send messages here yet being a brand new forum member.

If you still need this info, I can contact Mike for you as I have 2 cars stored there now.
Old 10-14-2022, 02:33 PM
KapsSA
Safety Car

Couple spots available 2022

Get notified of new replies

To Storage near Chicago available.

Quick Reply: Storage near Chicago available.