Notices
Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

Any REALLY good Xpel shops in MN?

Old 07-03-2019, 09:13 PM
JonMN
CF Senior Member

Received 490 Likes on 338 Posts
Default Any REALLY good Xpel shops in MN?

Any REALLY good paint protection film shops in St. Paul/Minneapolis area? Just had a very mediocre experience, and thinking of going someplace better for a redo.
Old 07-05-2019, 09:16 PM
MURPHY55347
CF Member

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

I have been hesitant to trust anyone with my new 2019 GS. So far I have done the rocker extensions and door sills myself and they turned out perfect. Just gaining experience in hopes of doing more. As to your question I don't have a good answer. When I bought mine the dealer was trying to sell me ceramic coatings but not PPF. Seems like no one does it around here. Maybe look at the websites for the two bigger car clubs around here. Suburban Corvettes or Classic Corvettes of Minnesota. If you look at their calendars they usually have some open events that maybe you could talk to some people.
The following users liked this post:
JonMN (07-06-2019)
Old 07-05-2019, 09:57 PM
MURPHY55347
CF Member

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

I assume you already looked at the list of installers on the XPEL website.
Old 07-06-2019, 02:11 PM
JonMN
CF Senior Member

Received 490 Likes on 338 Posts

^^^ thanks for the replies. I did look at their list. I also had a nice PM conversation with the Xpel rep that hangs out here, and he had a recommendation. I just had an application at the same location that did a super job 3 years ago, but this time had more defects than normal. I will give them a chance to fix at least the worst of them. I have had PPF applied to about 6 vehicles by now, so know it's a little hit or miss. The best job was actually in-house at the Lexus dealer!

The most annoying was at a Porsche dealer, where they did two things to freak me out--first, they scratched the film a lot during application. But even worse, they did not tell me they use bulk film and cut it on the car--so I did not even dare have the film taken off just in case they cut into the clearcoat! At least with patterns I know you can pull the film off and start over.

Anyway, at least I am protected against chips--the main objective.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Any REALLY good Xpel shops in MN?

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: