Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

Creating Albums and Posting Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 07:04 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You have an album but you don't appear to have any uploaded photos. If you had uploaded photos, when viewing each one, you'll see a "BB Code" with content in the field as shown in the attachment to this post. Simply copy and paste the contents displayed in the "BB Code" field to share photos from your album.

As you're a Premium Member, you also have usage of the Attachment feature. Some details about the Attachments are provided in the vBulletin FAQ:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/faq....b3_attachments

Originally Posted by KNDVETT
New member and trying to figure out how to get my a picture to show when I post. I have one in my album but can't figure out how to get it to show when I post...thanks in advance.
Attached Images  
Old 04-11-2015, 05:52 AM
CRASH03
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tried to create an album, but it says I don't have permission to post pictures and to contact an admin. Is there a minimum number of posts required first, or is it something else I'm missing?
Old 04-11-2015, 02:56 PM
Tommy K 47
Advanced

Default Posting pictures

Originally Posted by CRASH03
I tried to create an album, but it says I don't have permission to post pictures and to contact an admin. Is there a minimum number of posts required first, or is it something else I'm missing?
Yes, I'm restoring a 78 and along the way people have asked me to make sure I post pictures. "We thrive on pictures". I tried and got the same reply as you? No permission, contact admin? I couldn't find an easy way to do that and didnt have the patience to spend anymore time with it so heck with it. I don't know maybe one day I'll try again?
Old 04-11-2015, 03:40 PM
J T
IB Staff

Please post a screen capture of the error message so we can review. I was able to create an Album with a testaccount having the same permissions as your account.

See this post for posting an attachment so that we can see the error message and point of issue:
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-pictures.html

Originally Posted by CRASH03
Old 04-12-2015, 01:58 AM
CRASH03
Intermediate

Originally Posted by J T
Please post a screen capture of the error message so we can review.
Apparently, just to make a liar out of me, I tried creating another album to duplicate the error message, and it worked! LOL
Old 04-13-2015, 11:18 AM
Tommy K 47
Advanced

Default Uploading photos

Originally Posted by Dynomite
Creating Personal Albums
Uploading photos to Personal Album
Resizing Photos for Upload to Albums
Using Personal Albums to Host Post Photos
This How To may be upgraded shortly with screen shots as required. This How To describes how to upload photos for posting without the need to create and manage albums located on an outside Photobucket Type hosting web site.

A. Creating Personal Albums
1. Log on to the Forum.
2. Left Click on User CP on the menu bar (left hand side).
3. View Your Control Panel in left column.
4. Go down to Networking and left click on Pictures & Albums.
5. Left Click on Add Album on left.
6. Fill in Title: (Any title you want for the Album you are creating).
7. Fill in a brief description of the Album (My Red Corvette for example).
8. Left Click on Album Type: (Public or Private) I always select Public.
9. Left click on Submit.

B. Uploading Photos to Personal Album
1. View your Albums (you can have several) and left click on an Album.
2. Left click on Upload Pictures upper left of Album title.
3. You will now see Pictures to Upload and Browse in boxes.
4. Left click on Browse. You will now see your folders and files on your computer.
5. You can select up one level (folder with green arrow) or you can open a folder (left click on a folder).
6. Finally you get to the folder that contains your photos. Left click on any Photo Title and left click on open. The path will be inserted in the box left of Browse.
7. You can select three photos to upload at a time on this Forum.
8. Left click on Upload Pictures at bottom of page.
9. Once pictures are uploaded, select Save Changes and you are done.

C. Resizing Photos on Your Computer Before Uploading
On my computer I use PAINT. If I left click on a .jpg photo title (90’ Corvette) for example in a photo folder and then right click (selecting edit) on the photo I end up in PAINT for editing.

1. I left click Image on Paint Menu bar and then left click on Stretch and Skew.
2. I select the same percentage for both Horizontal and Vertical (say 40%) and then left click OK. 640 x 480 pixels is perfect for single photos above one another in a post. I Use 20% for photos side by side in a post (320 x 240 pixels) and 50% for large photos (800 x 600 pixels). This is identical to Photobucket size options for Uploads (Customize your upload options).

The % you want to select depends on the size of the original photo (My original photos are 1600 x 1200 pixels). If your original photos are different pixel size, use a % that results in 320 x 240 pixels (small), 640 x 480 pixels (medium) or 800 x 600 pixels (large) photos. You can also determine exactly the size of the resulting photo in a post on your screen by using a pixel to inch converter (a typical CRT screen would be 75 Dots Per Inch (DPI)). http://tiporama.com/tools/pixels_inches.html

It must be noted however, this depends on the resolution and aspect ratio of your computer screen. Typically the 320 x 240 pixel selection will fit side by side in a post depending on resolution and aspect ratio of computer screens.

3. I then left click Files on Paint Menu bar and left click Save As…
4. At bottom in the Box called File name: I type an s or m after the original file name (90’ Corvette s) in this example. s is for 320 x 240 pixel photos, m is for 640 x 480 pixel photos and l is for 800 x 600 pixel photos.
5. I make sure I am in the original file folder containing the original photo before I Save As....
The file I select to upload will be the 90’ Corvette s , the 90’ Corvette m , or the 90' Corvette l which photos have been resized to fit a post as I like (side by side, one above the other, or large).

D. Posting Pictures using Photos in your Personal Albums
1. Left click on your ID and go to your Personal Albums.
2. Left click on a Personal Album in the right hand column.
3. Left click on the picture you want to post.
4. Copy (left click and then right click and select copy) the BB Code (bottom of picture) and right click paste in a post.

You will see in (Properties) the dimensions for each photo below are different (right click on photo and left click on Properties). Small photos are 320 x 240 pixels, medium photo is 640 x 480 pixels, and large photo is 800 x 600 pixels. These photos in this post are from Photobucket but the same would apply if the photos are uploaded from your Albums.

The first photo is the 320 x 240 pixel photo for side by side photos in a post. The second photo is the 640 x 480 pixel photo for single post photos one above the other. The third photo is the 800 x 600 pixel photo if you want to show detail (In properties, note the dimension differences between small, medium, and large size photos). This is a 1990 (L98) with SW Headers and Magnaflow exhaust. Eliminated air pump, eliminated EGR, Haibeck Chip and some other stuff (over 100 mph in the quarter).

For additional Help in creating Posts using Link References Reference Link Names
Thank you for the detailed How To
Old 04-13-2015, 11:21 AM
Tommy K 47
Advanced

Originally Posted by J T
Please post a screen capture of the error message so we can review. I was able to create an Album with a testaccount having the same permissions as your account.

See this post for posting an attachment so that we can see the error message and point of issue:
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-pictures.html
Thank you I'll try again later.
Old 05-07-2015, 08:36 AM
duanepillar
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I keep getting an error that says "wrong file format" I tried JPG and PNG. Any ideas?
Old 05-07-2015, 12:02 PM
J T
IB Staff

Email one of those pictures to forumsupport@corvetteforum.com to my attention and I will look at it. Likely something to do with your file as there is know known issues.

Originally Posted by duanepillar
I keep getting an error that says "wrong file format" I tried JPG and PNG. Any ideas?
Old 08-21-2017, 02:32 PM
jim2527
Race Director

Received 633 Likes on 426 Posts

Is there a limit to number of photos than can be uploaded to a users album? Does it vary by membership type?
Old 08-21-2017, 08:02 PM
J T
IB Staff

Yes, there's a limit (I believe 100 per standard account) and there is some difference between Membership levels that range from 500 (Supporting and Gold) to 5000 (Lifetime Gold).

Originally Posted by jim2527
Is there a limit to number of photos than can be uploaded to a users album? Does it vary by membership type?
Old 06-20-2018, 10:08 AM
Jughead
Senior Member since 1492
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean people aren't out to get me...
Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

I'm unable to upload additional photo's to my pictures. I did one this AM and then that option was gone.

I don't believe have reached my limit.
Old 06-20-2018, 10:49 AM
J T
IB Staff

Originally Posted by Jughead
I'm unable to upload additional photo's to my pictures. I did one this AM and then that option was gone.

I don't believe have reached my limit.
In order to assist, we need some basic information. Such as error message (if), the point of failure, the type & size of image, etc.

I was able to add an orange 2019 Corvette photo to one of your albums as a test:
https://www.corvetteforum.com/g/album/9294023

It's on the last page.
Old 06-21-2018, 07:11 AM
Jughead
Senior Member since 1492
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '09

This is my current view. There used to be a box labeled upload pics right next to the "share" box.. You could them upload from PC or URL link. Thats gone now.

Old 06-21-2018, 10:39 AM
J T
IB Staff

Clear your browser's cookies and cache and re-visit and log back in. It doesn't appear you're logged in when viewing your album. There should be an Edit Album button to get you into the edit album feature to allow uploading. You don't have that so you're not being recognized as the owner - possibly because you're not logged in.
Old 06-21-2018, 11:56 AM
Jughead
Senior Member since 1492
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '09

tried that, no change.

plus I logged on using multiple pc's and get the same thing
Old 06-30-2018, 06:01 AM
Jughead
Senior Member since 1492
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by Jughead
tried that, no change.

plus I logged on using multiple pc's and get the same thing

any news on this?

Get notified of new replies

To Creating Albums and Posting Pictures

Old 02-18-2020, 07:46 AM
Rob Via
Pro

Received 60 Likes on 47 Posts

I tried a URL to my google photo using the add picture to a post icon. I copied the URL from google share and put it in the URL upload box. It tried to upload and then said failed. Am I doing something wrong? I would suspect that pictured eventually get deleted because of server space and if you put a link in, the picture can stay there forever.
Old 02-18-2020, 01:03 PM
J T
IB Staff

Originally Posted by Rob Via
I tried a URL to my google photo using the add picture to a post icon. I copied the URL from google share and put it in the URL upload box. It tried to upload and then said failed. Am I doing something wrong? I would suspect that pictured eventually get deleted because of server space and if you put a link in, the picture can stay there forever.
We don't delete content. You likely did not provide the correct URL or the URL wasn't recognized. It also could have been behind a locked account which would prevent the server from retrieving the content. In order to assist, you need to provide more details. Such as an example link you're trying to use.
Old 02-18-2020, 01:11 PM
Rob Via
Pro

Received 60 Likes on 47 Posts

After some searching this morning I think it's impossible to get a direct link to your photos in Google Photos. I guess I will upload from the computer as I have been. At least you guys don't delete old photos.

Quick Reply: Creating Albums and Posting Pictures