Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

Getting Logged out of CorvetteForum Unexpectedly?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2016, 12:46 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Getting Logged out of CorvetteForum Unexpectedly?

If you're getting logged out of CorvetteForum unexpectedly, then check each item below:

1) You're not using Remember Me option when logging in.
Solution: Make sure there's a check in the Remember Me box when you supply your username and password. If you don't do so, you will have to supply username/password every 30+ minutes of inactivity and/or when you close your browser. This is by design for public computers.

Update: The Remember Me option has been removed as it is now the default value. Now each log in is "Remember Me" and is done so via the browser's cookies.

2) Your browser is set to delete files upon exit.
Solution: Either select CorvetteForum as a Favorite and make sure Preserve Favorites Data is selected, or disable the delete files upon exit option. How you do this depends on the browser.

3) You're using 3rd party software that is removing browser files.
Solution: We can't provide support for this due to the amount of different products available and different settings.

4) You're using the log out link.
Solution: Don't use the log out link!

5) You have corrupt browser cookies for CorvetteForum.
Solution: Assuming you have a bad CorvetteForum cookie in your browser, how you delete it depends on the browser being used. There's an easy way of deleting ALL cookies for ALL sites and a more involved method of singly deleting cookies. Again, it depends on the browser being used. Please consult your browser's Help for clearing cookies.

Common Questions or Comments:

This only happens on CorvetteForum! No other websites have this issue!
This problem can happen to any website that uses browser cookies but when this specific issue occurs, it generally only occurs to one site at one given time. Websites generally use multiple browser cookies for their site and are unique for each site. So a corrupt browser cookie for one site is going to give issues for that site only. The member must take the step to manually delete the browser cookie and revisit the website to restore it. If the member doesn't do this then, eventually, the issue may resolve by the browser cookie eventually getting deleted through a process (browser deleting all cookies, 3rd party software cleaning out files, Disk Clean Utility, etc.,).

I can't log into my CorvetteForum account because CorvetteForum says my password is incorrect.
If you're getting an incorrect username/password error, then you are supplying the incorrect username and/or password for the account. The server does not error on looking up username and passwords. Also note that passwords are CaSe sensitive. Additionally, make sure you're accessing the correct site. We have a sister site called CorvetteForums.com (note forums being plural) that does not share your account across both sites automatically.

If you can't recall your password, you can use the following link to reset it:
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums....php?do=lostpw

Quick Reply: Getting Logged out of CorvetteForum Unexpectedly?