Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

Whats with the malware ,viruses on this site

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2017, 07:40 PM
m and t's77
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by paulrichy
Im getting it on my mobile all the time but not on my puter, very annoying. Some days almost unuseable on mobile
This is happening to me on my phone.Logged in on the mobile version and it's getting to the point I don't want to be on the forum unless i'm at home on the pc.
Old 02-28-2017, 11:25 PM
Arkyvette
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

This has got to get fixed. I bought a brand new phone today and while still in the store and setting up my email, I get one from here. I go to the first website the phone has ever been to, here, and can't even get to finish typing my user name before I am redirected to spammy ads. This is absolutely problem and the fact that it happened on a brand new device points to internet brands having a rouge ad redirect problem.

Last edited by Arkyvette; 02-28-2017 at 11:26 PM.
Old 02-28-2017, 11:43 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

With so many threads around it's probably lost that this has been explained a few times. While you can't include everyone having any top of pop-up or ad as being in the same group, because anyone who does support knows how easy people can mess up a computer by clicking on bad links and downloading bad software or running outdated operating systems that haven't been patched for years under a browser that is equally outdated with security holes, we also haven't denied rogue ads.

But it's not exactly the very same ad even if it may appear the same with the same result. The advertising team does take them down only to have news one return with the same game.

And it's not really CorvetteForum only. As I've linked before, take a look at this Google post to read how Google removed some 1.7 billion "bad" ads in 2016 to realize it's not "only on CorvetteForum" (as the saying often goes) and that it's a real issue in the business.

https://blog.google/topics/ads/how-w...scammers-2016/

Originally Posted by Arkyvette
This is absolutely problem and the fact that it happened on a brand new device points to internet brands having a rouge ad redirect problem.
Old 02-28-2017, 11:47 PM
Arkyvette
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by J T
With so many threads around it's probably lost that this has been explained a few times. While you can't include everyone having any top of pop-up or ad as being in the same group, because anyone who does support knows how easy people can mess up a computer by clicking on bad links and downloading bad software or running outdated operating systems that haven't been patched for years under a browser that is equally outdated with security holes, we also haven't denied rogue ads.

But it's not exactly the very same ad even if it may appear the same with the same result. The advertising team does take them down only to have news one return with the same game.

And it's not really CorvetteForum only. As I've linked before, take a look at this Google post to read how Google removed some 1.7 billion "bad" ads in 2016 to realize it's not "only on CorvetteForum" (as the saying often goes) and that it's a real issue in the business.

https://blog.google/topics/ads/how-w...scammers-2016/
I guess I get frustrated by some of the admin team on Ford truck enthusiasts, another IB forum, denying that there is any problem at all and blaming my phone and viruses. It is refreshing to hear that you guys are working on it. That was all I asked from them and they still deny the problem to this day.
Old 03-01-2017, 12:22 AM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well, like I said, we can't put everyone in the same group where it's a network-wide issue. If you've had to do support, you find that some people will open up any/all attachments, visit bad websites through clicking links, download software from an off website that comes bundled with malware/spyware. When you have as many members as CorvetteForum or FTE, you're going to have people in the latter group, too.

But, yes, it's not a secrete that rogue ads get in the network, are removed, and then find a new opening.

Originally Posted by Arkyvette
I guess I get frustrated by some of the admin team on Ford truck enthusiasts, another IB forum, denying that there is any problem at all and blaming my phone and viruses. It is refreshing to hear that you guys are working on it. That was all I asked from them and they still deny the problem to this day.

Quick Reply: Whats with the malware ,viruses on this site