Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

Who's Stephen Bell and why is he editing my posts?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2017, 02:52 PM
springer-
Pro

Received 157 Likes on 97 Posts

Default Who's Steven Bell and why is he editing my posts?

Hey Steven, If I am not breaking the rules then why are you editing my posts?? I've seen it a couple times now and I even sent you a PM but got no reply? What's up with this crap? If I am doing something wrong PM me and tell what it is!!

I just found a post where I quoted a guy and replied to him. You came along and removed the quote and put in "^^^" in place of the quote. And who knows what else you edited. What's that all about??? If the forum doesn't want people to use the quote feature REMOVE it. If I am doing something wrong the PM me and tell me. Otherwise stay out of my posts!.. You are changing MY words and if that gives someone the wrong impression they will blame me and it will be your fault! Just like every other forum on the internet, I'm sure your policy is that I am responsible for anything I post. If that is the case then Why are you editing it? Leave it alone.

This is not just a rant but I am a admin of a rather large forum myself and we would NEVER alter someone else's words. It either violates a rule and it gets deleted, or if it is questionable we send a PM and ask that person to reconsider and edit it themselves. But the cardinal rules is "Don't put words in other peoples mouths". IE don't edit their posts.

Hey Admins, I hope you get to read this BEFORE he edits it. You need to rethink these types of actions.

Last edited by springer-; 05-10-2017 at 02:58 PM. Reason: typos
Old 05-10-2017, 03:02 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Steven's profile is linked below, as it's also linked in the Edited posts, where you can contact him directly with questions or concerns:
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...even-bell.html

Please make sure to be familiar with the Guidelines, specifically the following that is in violation:
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...questions.html

As the Guidelines state, please contact the Moderator via PM or email if you have questions or concerns about Moderation.

Each community is different - just like each household is different - with certain Guidelines that are set and expected to be followed. I don't know the details of your post edits, but if a Moderator was stepping in then there was a concern about the content - which may or may not have been your own words. Moderators, staff, are here to make sure the Guidelines are followed and that means monitoring, editing, deleting, etc., content as covered in the ToU. Nearly every website where members can submit content is subject to editing, moving, deleting, etc., content, at the Staff's discretion, when there is a ToU issue.

I've sent a PM to Steven regarding your complaint.

Thank-you

Quick Reply: Who's Stephen Bell and why is he editing my posts?