Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

So I know you admins state no virus or issue with forum but

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2017, 11:04 AM
cheapthrills
Melting Slicks

Received 441 Likes on 292 Posts
Default So I know you admins state no virus or issue with forum but

it's the only place I travel and keep getting this, notice where the WWW box is top left, and the file on the bottom it wants me do open or save. I run Norton, very diligent about keeping my computer clean, in IT for 20+ years. Seems highly unlikely it's me. just saying.

Old 05-18-2017, 11:25 AM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The forum or server doesn't have a virus and your message doesn't conclude there is any virus warning.

Instead, Norton, which isn't exactly the choice for IT people, is suggesting the site has unsafe content. Does it give details?

The message in your lower browser is coming from IE and is prompting you to download a javascript file. Perhaps that's what Norton is warning.

I'll have the ad team check to see if we have an offending ad in the pool.

The two most likely issues that cause this, which are actually outside of CorvetteForum's servers, is 1) Members posting content from a remote site that is listed as "bad" and thus CorvetteForum's site gets the warning despite CorvetteForum isn't actually "hosting" the bad content and/or 2) Advertisements

Originally Posted by cheapthrills
it's the only place I travel and keep getting this, notice where the WWW box is top left, and the file on the bottom it wants me do open or save. I run Norton, very diligent about keeping my computer clean, in IT for 20+ years. Seems highly unlikely it's me. just saying.

Old 05-18-2017, 11:35 AM
cheapthrills
Melting Slicks

Received 441 Likes on 292 Posts

Originally Posted by J T
The forum or server doesn't have a virus and your message doesn't conclude there is any virus warning.

Instead, Norton, which isn't exactly the choice for IT people, is suggesting the site has unsafe content. Does it give details?

The message in your lower browser is coming from IE and is prompting you to download a javascript file. Perhaps that's what Norton is warning.

I'll have the ad team check to see if we have an offending ad in the pool.

The two most likely issues that cause this, which are actually outside of CorvetteForum's servers, is 1) Members posting content from a remote site that is listed as "bad" and thus CorvetteForum's site gets the warning despite CorvetteForum isn't actually "hosting" the bad content and/or 2) Advertisements
Thanks, while I'm obviously not opening or saving the file it makes me a bit untrusting of the site that this keeps coming up on me.

Get notified of new replies

To So I know you admins state no virus or issue with forum but

Quick Reply: So I know you admins state no virus or issue with forum but