Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

Old Safari Won't Load Site/Firefox Images Huge

Old 05-21-2017, 04:43 PM
Groovepusher Sly
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Default Old Safari Won't Load Site/Firefox Images Huge

Moderators,

I still have some Mac computers that run OS X 10.6.8 and Safari 5.1.10. Since the forums last update this version of Safari no longer loads the site, it gets stuck at 34 of 46 items loaded. Is there now or will there be any fix?

Also Firefox works but the limit on image size is turned off. Is there a way to control image size so I don't have to scroll back and forth to read threads?

Thanks for any help.

:Sly:
Old 05-21-2017, 04:55 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Groovepusher Sly
Moderators,

I still have some Mac computers that run OS X 10.6.8 and Safari 5.1.10. Since the forums last update this version of Safari no longer loads the site, it gets stuck at 34 of 46 items loaded. Is there now or will there be any fix?
I'm not sure what update you're speaking of? And how long ago? And what exactly isn't loading? 34 of 46 items isn't descriptive enough.

I'd first try clearing your browser's cache.

Beyond that, Safari 5.1.10 shows to have been released nearly 4 years ago. Using a browser that old without updates is only going to continue to show issues where things may not work as web standards change, not to mention any security issues.

Originally Posted by Groovepusher Sly
Also Firefox works but the limit on image size is turned off. Is there a way to control image size so I don't have to scroll back and forth to read threads?

Thanks for any help.

:Sly:
Granted I'm not using an Apple OS, but Firefox on Windows works fine and the image resizer (I'm assuming that's what you meant where images are resized to fit the window) works correctly. Make sure you're not running any 3rd party addons that are altering the appearance or functionality of the site.
Old 06-08-2017, 11:25 PM
JFish2
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll second the oversized image problem with Firefox on Mac. As you mentioned, it seems to work fine when I use Firefox on my Windows box but Firefox on Mac is giving me problems. Chrome on Mac seems to work fine as well.

I wasn't around the forums for a couple months, but it used to work fine. I'm not sure if it was a change in the site or a change in the Mac build of Firefox that broke things.
Old 06-13-2017, 05:20 PM
JFish2
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, I just updated to FF 52 ESR and it looks like my image problems are solved!

Get notified of new replies

To Old Safari Won't Load Site/Firefox Images Huge

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Old Safari Won't Load Site/Firefox Images Huge