Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2017, 04:57 AM
aaberg
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't view pictures

Then I try to see pictures in this article

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...fuel-pump.html

the pictures are hidden and replaced with "you need to upgrade. www.photobucket.com/p500" I guess that the forum need to pay to use a 3rd part program?

How can I see the pictures that are needed to have any use for the very interesting article?

Last edited by aaberg; 07-20-2017 at 04:58 AM.
Old 07-20-2017, 02:10 PM
ddawson
Le Mans Master

Received 598 Likes on 485 Posts

No the owner of the pictures needs to pay the $400 to unlock his pictures.

Many people are moving to a different provider then Photobucket now and links are broken across the internet including ebay and other sites.
Old 07-20-2017, 07:56 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The pictures you're referring to was hosted by Photobucket. Photobucket was a popular website used by many to upload photos to share them on other websites using "hot-linking".

Photobucket recently changed their policies in regard to how people use their website to host pictures. In short, Photobucket is not allowing people to upload photos to their website and simply share those photos on other websites using "hot-linking" - atleast not without paying.

The Upgrade and Pay notice from Photobucket is for the account that uploaded those pictures.

CorvetteForum is not affiliated with Photobucket. CorvetteForum has no control over Photobucket and their policies.

Additionally, there is nothing that CorvetteForum can do for the content that was posted on Photobucket but is now "hidden" with the Upgrade and Pay notice. That is between Photobucket and the account holder that uploaded those pictures to Photobucket.

You could try posting a message in the thread about the pictures no longer appearing. Provided that the person who uploaded those pictures to Photobucket is also the one to have referenced them in the thread, perhaps they could relocate the pictures. CorvetteForum provides space for members to directly upload content to CorvetteForum's servers for sharing locally.

Originally Posted by aaberg
Then I try to see pictures in this article

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...fuel-pump.html

the pictures are hidden and replaced with "you need to upgrade. www.photobucket.com/p500" I guess that the forum need to pay to use a 3rd part program?

How can I see the pictures that are needed to have any use for the very interesting article?

Get notified of new replies

To Can't view pictures

Quick Reply: Can't view pictures