Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

Cursing/Vulgarity now uncensored on CF?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2017, 02:23 PM
Z Factor
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Cursing/Vulgarity now uncensored on CF?

Since when has the F-bomb and the like been allowed on CF?

More importantly, what is the rational/reason?

Not only does it lower the discourse of conversations, but cheapens this forum.

BTW - I searched for the topic here and over in OT/PR&C figuring it would pop up there. I could not find a specific thread on the subject, though I suspect ones exists.
Old 07-25-2017, 03:36 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Since approximately August of last year.

Some clarification:
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-language.html

Originally Posted by Z Factor
Since when has the F-bomb and the like been allowed on CF?

More importantly, what is the rational/reason?

Not only does it lower the discourse of conversations, but cheapens this forum.

BTW - I searched for the topic here and over in OT/PR&C figuring it would pop up there. I could not find a specific thread on the subject, though I suspect ones exists.
Old 07-27-2017, 12:40 AM
Z Factor
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by J T
Since approximately August of last year.

Some clarification:
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-language.html
While I appreciate the link and have read it, my view is the reasoning is illogical. If it was difficult and time consuming to when the forum censor was on, now that it is off, I see vulgarity and cursing on a frequent basis. At least the censor kept many of the 4 letter words blanked out. Now it is like a free for all with all sorts of people posting words inappropriate for women, children and the work environment.

CF should remain one of the most popular forums by maintaining a certain level of decorum and continuing to take the high road.
Old 07-27-2017, 11:17 AM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My suggestion is to contact Administrator Savewave via PM. This section is largely for help with the website. While Feedback is also included, debates and arguments about site management should be taken up with Staff via PM. Administrator Savewave is the one you want to contact if you want to provide your feedback.

While I appreciate the link and have read it, my view is the reasoning is illogical. If it was difficult and time consuming to when the forum censor was on, now that it is off, I see vulgarity and cursing on a frequent basis. At least the censor kept many of the 4 letter words blanked out. Now it is like a free for all with all sorts of people posting words inappropriate for women, children and the work environment.

CF should remain one of the most popular forums by maintaining a certain level of decorum and continuing to take the high road.
Old 08-08-2017, 01:31 PM
BearZ06
Safety Car

Received 1,324 Likes on 768 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17,'22-'23

It is ridiculous to allow this on what should be a family forum. Come on CF, be brave and do the right thing here.

Get notified of new replies

To Cursing/Vulgarity now uncensored on CF?

Quick Reply: Cursing/Vulgarity now uncensored on CF?