Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

62 photo problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2017, 12:30 PM
GA67Terp
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 62 photo problem

Some may have noticed that the pictures I posted of my 62 I offered for sale are upside down. I have tried several times to repost but they still are not corrected. The odd thing is they are upright when I view them on my ipad and iphone but not on my pc.
Any ideas what the problem is?
Thanks
Old 09-15-2017, 02:24 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The problem is the photos were taken upside down. You iphone/ipad knows the correct orientation and adjusts them accordingly when viewed on the device. Some websites can read that data from Apple and also adjust accordingly when posted online. But not all websites can read that data to adjust for the photo being taken upside down.

The solution is to take the pictures right-side up or use an editor to rotate them.

Here's an old and popular discussion on Apple's website of this common issue:
https://discussions.apple.com/message/16514340

Originally Posted by GA67Terp
Some may have noticed that the pictures I posted of my 62 I offered for sale are upside down. I have tried several times to repost but they still are not corrected. The odd thing is they are upright when I view them on my ipad and iphone but not on my pc.
Any ideas what the problem is?
Thanks
Old 09-16-2017, 01:47 PM
GA67Terp
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by J T
The problem is the photos were taken upside down. You iphone/ipad knows the correct orientation and adjusts them accordingly when viewed on the device. Some websites can read that data from Apple and also adjust accordingly when posted online. But not all websites can read that data to adjust for the photo being taken upside down.

The solution is to take the pictures right-side up or use an editor to rotate them.

Here's an old and popular discussion on Apple's website of this common issue:
https://discussions.apple.com/message/16514340
Thanks for the reply....will try to retake photos

Get notified of new replies

To 62 photo problem

Quick Reply: 62 photo problem