Logging on has become frustrating lately

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2017, 02:17 PM
raff
Burning Brakes

Received 126 Likes on 98 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20-'21-'22

Default Logging on has become frustrating lately

Logging onto CF has become a real pain --- ever since I installed Kaspersky anti-virus.

I keep getting "cannot guarantee authenticity of the domain to which....'
this message normally appears twice --first questioning "cdn.ibautomotive" and then "images.corvette forum"

The reason -- it claims "a signature for this certificate or of certificates in the certificate chain is not found."

If it makes a difference I'm using Firefox as my browser

Short of giving up on CF or Kaspersky --- how do I fix this??

Last edited by raff; 09-18-2017 at 02:18 PM.
Old 09-18-2017, 08:29 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by raff
Logging onto CF has become a real pain --- ever since I installed Kaspersky anti-virus.
I think that helps narrow things down.

We can't support other software but it appears that you can either disable those notifications and/or you can add the website to a whitelist.

To clarify something. CorvetteForum is using encrypted connections (HTTPS). HTTPS encrypted connections was generally for private and sensitive information - such as using financial services online. However, there has been a growing trend to use HTTPS. CorvetteForum began using HTTPS several months ago.

The most private/sensitive information transmitted directly between you and CF would be your username/password - which is encrypted. There isn't really any sensitive information from the examples you provided.

In other words, while those certificates may not be 100% for the example notifications you provided, I would dismiss those notices for CorvetteForum in one way or another because they aren't of any concern.
Old 09-18-2017, 10:17 PM
raff
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by J T
I think that helps narrow things down.

We can't support other software but it appears that you can either disable those notifications and/or you can add the website to a whitelist.

To clarify something. CorvetteForum is using encrypted connections (HTTPS). HTTPS encrypted connections was generally for private and sensitive information - such as using financial services online. However, there has been a growing trend to use HTTPS. CorvetteForum began using HTTPS several months ago.

The most private/sensitive information transmitted directly between you and CF would be your username/password - which is encrypted. There isn't really any sensitive information from the examples you provided.

In other words, while those certificates may not be 100% for the example notifications you provided, I would dismiss those notices for CorvetteForum in one way or another because they aren't of any concern.
Thanks for the response -- I'll try adding CF to a list that will be ignored by K software.
I wasn't really concerned about the safety of CF -- it was getting annoying to constantly click on K's "okay to continue" several times at log-in.

Thanks again.
Old 09-18-2017, 10:57 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You might need to add those two individual domains that appear in the warning message you posted about. Those two domains are owned/operated by Internet Brands - which owns CorvetteForum - and serve some of the content.
Old 10-16-2017, 10:07 PM
raff
Burning Brakes

This might be helpful to others ---
I eliminated the problem of "certificate authenticity" by ditching Kaspersky and replacing it with a different brand.

CF no longer is annoying.

Get notified of new replies

To Logging on has become frustrating lately

Quick Reply: Logging on has become frustrating lately