Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

Page scrolling on it's own??

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2017, 10:53 PM
Oldfart01
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Page scrolling on it's own??

Is anyone else having an issue that when you are towards the middle of a thread it starts scrolling to the bottom on it's own?
Old 10-19-2017, 09:57 AM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There is an autoload feature for the mobile app that will load more content to the page but it doesn't take control over the browser and automatically scroll.

The issue you describe is going to be something with your setup, not CorvetteForum.
Old 10-19-2017, 01:45 PM
Oldfart01
Advanced

It's on my desktop. I never had an issue until 2 days ago. I cleared my cache and it didn't change anything. When I'm halfway down a thread it starts to auto scroll and won't stop.

Last edited by Oldfart01; 10-19-2017 at 01:49 PM.
Old 10-19-2017, 02:08 PM
J T
IB Staff

That issue is not on our side. It's something with your browser/software/computer. Aside from trying another browser, re-installing the browser, and making sure your computer is clean, we're not able to provide a lot of personal computer support.
Old 10-20-2017, 07:01 PM
Oldfart01
Advanced

Originally Posted by J T
That issue is not on our side. It's something with your browser/software/computer. Aside from trying another browser, re-installing the browser, and making sure your computer is clean, we're not able to provide a lot of personal computer support.
I didn't realize I was the only one and it was a problem on my end. I haven't had issues anywhere else. I guess that makes me special? Thanks.

Last edited by Oldfart01; 10-20-2017 at 07:02 PM.
Old 10-22-2017, 09:58 AM
Notninja
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Oldfart01
I didn't realize I was the only one and it was a problem on my end. I haven't had issues anywhere else. I guess that makes me special? Thanks.

I am having the same problem as of a couple days ago. Im using chrome on win 10.
Old 10-22-2017, 03:04 PM
J T
IB Staff

There are a lot of Chrome users but only 2 members in nearly the past week that this was reported who have reported the issue.

What browser extensions are you using? And do you have the same issue on another browser (such as IE)?

Let's make sure we're not confusing the long standing anchor tag that when clicking on the next to the thread title, the browser scrolls down to the first new unread post. If the thread is long and the browser loads the elements slow, it may not "focus" on the right part of the thread immediately. That function has existed in the software for over 10 years and does not work any differently.

Originally Posted by Notninja
I am having the same problem as of a couple days ago. Im using chrome on win 10.
Old 10-24-2017, 06:04 PM
Notninja
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by J T
There are a lot of Chrome users but only 2 members in nearly the past week that this was reported who have reported the issue.

What browser extensions are you using? And do you have the same issue on another browser (such as IE)?

Let's make sure we're not confusing the long standing anchor tag that when clicking on the next to the thread title, the browser scrolls down to the first new unread post. If the thread is long and the browser loads the elements slow, it may not "focus" on the right part of the thread immediately. That function has existed in the software for over 10 years and does not work any differently.

I'm using popup blocker pro and add block. Page works without issues in IE and Firefox. I checked all the obvious things like mouse drivers and settings.

Last edited by Notninja; 10-24-2017 at 06:04 PM. Reason: adition.
Old 10-24-2017, 07:42 PM
J T
IB Staff

Please disable the extensions and retry. If issue continues, link to a specific thread and state a specific spot where this issue can be duplicated.

Disabling extensions is usually the first step any browser's support will state on troubleshooting issues. Also, we can't provide support for software that not only is cheating advertising, but also alters the functionality and appearance of the site.

Also, to be clear, is this is an issue where you're trying to scroll down and it's slow and then perhaps it suddenly catches up and is being mistaken for no commanded scrolling?

Originally Posted by Notninja
I'm using popup blocker pro and add block. Page works without issues in IE and Firefox. I checked all the obvious things like mouse drivers and settings.

Get notified of new replies

To Page scrolling on it's own??

Quick Reply: Page scrolling on it's own??