Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

Spoiler Tag Needs Reformatting

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2018, 11:55 AM
Judgment Day
Burning Brakes

Received 218 Likes on 153 Posts
Default Spoiler Tag Needs Reformatting

So I just made a post here regarding some information on the new ZR1, enveloped with a spoiler tag. Needless to say the end result has some pretty unusual formatting. It's not so much the highlighting, because that's the goal of the tag itself, but there's some visual adverse effects; primarily:

The spoiler box has a fixed width with no overflow. This combined with the ignored line breaks within the element creates a horizontal scroll bar. This requires more work than needed to see and read the message in its entirety. It doesn't take much text for this to occur.

For ease of use, it's probably best to have a show/hide interface. This way, it keeps all of the formatting but hides it from view until the user hits a button to interact with the text. No highlighting, dragging, or scrolling involved.

I don't know what version of BBCode is being used, but I'd imagine that an alteration or update of the spoiler tag is possible. Example:
https://www.phpbb.com/customise/db/bbcode/new_spoiler/

Goal is to basically get everything on screen without the extra work outside of toggling hidden content. Thanks!

Test:
Spoiler

Last edited by Judgment Day; 03-28-2018 at 11:58 AM. Reason: Removed one of the issues.

Quick Reply: Spoiler Tag Needs Reformatting