Old 07-17-2018, 09:57 AM
XtremeVette
NCM Bash 2008-2018
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Granby, MA Talladega Super Speedway Vettes 4 Vets Ambassador
Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts
Middle TN Events Coordinator
Cruise-In 1, 3, 9. 10 & 11 Veteran

Default Webpage now broken...Fonts, Colors and size now gone?

Corvetteforum Web Page now slow and broken in areas where it worked fine before.
1.) Font availability now gone.
2.) Size availability gone.
3.) Color pallet has changed and primary colors missing, no "extra colors" available.
4.) Pictures do not load when clicking the image and upload buttons unless you click "go advance" first.
5.) Pictures won't load more then 1 when adding multiple images.
6.) ISSUE that has never been fixed since the old web format: When you change the name of the title to the thread it changes it only in the post but not in main forum listing.
Example: I changed this post from " Colors and Sizes Gone" to "Webpage now broken...Fonts, Colors and size now gone?" but yet it still shows up as "Colors and Sizes Gone" in the main listing.

The color pallet has changed when the new revisions were done. This new color pallet is horrible. What happened to the primary colors? No more vibrant red, blue, green, yellow? Now its all muddy and dull colors only?

I no longer see a size button? Can't change the size of the type now?
Font style is gone as well.

Need to change it to this:

Just some FYI for the guys working on the forum webpage setup.

Thanks
Jeff

Last edited by XtremeVette; 07-17-2018 at 10:18 AM.
Old 07-17-2018, 12:19 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by XtremeVette
Corvetteforum Web Page now slow and broken in areas where it worked fine before.
1.) Font availability now gone.
2.) Size availability gone.
These were removed on purpose. Although it was explained several times it gets lost in the discussions. The size feature, especially, does not scale well across multiple devices and thus was removed from the toolbar to discourage usage. It is still supported if you manually use the size tag.
3.) Color pallet has changed and primary colors missing, no "extra colors" available.
Not sure how to respond to this point since it's an opinion. I suppose if others agree then the team may make changes.
4.) Pictures do not load when clicking the image and upload buttons unless you click "go advance" first.
5.) Pictures won't load more then 1 when adding multiple images.
This is the first time I've heard of either issue. What browser are you using? What plugins and extensions are you using?
6.) ISSUE that has never been fixed since the old web format: When you change the name of the title to the thread it changes it only in the post but not in main forum listing.
Example: I changed this post from " Colors and Sizes Gone" to "Webpage now broken...Fonts, Colors and size now gone?" but yet it still shows up as "Colors and Sizes Gone" in the main listing.
This is not an issue but rather by design via settings. After an X amount of time has passed, thread title edits will only update for the thread display itself and not the index. This is a setting that the team has set for reasons that I'm not 100% sure on but may partially be due to SEO.
Just some FYI for the guys working on the forum webpage setup.

Thanks
Jeff
Old 07-17-2018, 12:48 PM
XtremeVette
NCM Bash 2008-2018
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Granby, MA Talladega Super Speedway Vettes 4 Vets Ambassador
Received 75 Likes on 60 Posts
Middle TN Events Coordinator
Cruise-In 1, 3, 9. 10 & 11 Veteran

Originally Posted by J T
These were removed on purpose. Although it was explained several times it gets lost in the discussions. The size feature, especially, does not scale well across multiple devices and thus was removed from the toolbar to discourage usage. It is still supported if you manually use the size tag. Ok gotcha on the size tag. Not sure about the scale not working well. I tested it on my desktop, laptop, ipad and android mobile and it looked great to me with no issues.

Not sure how to respond to this point since it's an opinion. I suppose if others agree then the team may make changes. Well I can understand the opinion thing but was curious why go with the "dull color pallet of colors with no other options"? Not sure what harm could be by having all colors available vs only one limited section web pallet?

This is the first time I've heard of either issue. What browser are you using? What plugins and extensions are you using? Firefox 61 on a Mac. I will test on my android mobile device.

This is not an issue but rather by design via settings. After an X amount of time has passed, thread title edits will only update for the thread display itself and not the index. This is a setting that the team has set for reasons that I'm not 100% sure on but may partially be due to SEO.
Gotcha that its an admin thing. I agree with you on the purpose. I changed it within 10 mins of the original post and I also have tested it changing it instantly right after a post. The results were the same. I have never been able to change the title within the Index from the original posting. Only way to do it is to duplicate and recreate a new post and then advise the admins to delete the old post.

Last edited by XtremeVette; 07-17-2018 at 12:51 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Colors and size now gone?

Quick Reply: Colors and size now gone?