Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

Where’d Advanced Search Go?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2018, 08:07 AM
Lotsacubes
Melting Slicks

Received 903 Likes on 594 Posts
Default Where’d Advanced Search Go?

I hit tools and.... nothing. Logged out and back in....

Also, could someone show me how to copy a link to a thread. I’m on an iPad. That may be part if the issue. Want to send some thread links to someone. Tried Help. No joy.
Old 08-19-2018, 08:25 AM
MikeM
Team Owner

Received 1,843 Likes on 1,398 Posts

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/search.php
Old 08-19-2018, 02:28 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Lotsacubes
I hit tools and.... nothing. Logged out and back in....

Also, could someone show me how to copy a link to a thread. I’m on an iPad. That may be part if the issue. Want to send some thread links to someone. Tried Help. No joy.
You didn't state if you're using the full view, the App from Apple Store or the Mobile view. If using full view, the Advanced Search is still in the same place it always has been:

Regarding copying and paste a link, assuming you're using the full or mobile view, you tap and hold the link and select copy. Then tap and hold an empty place and select paste. If you're using full or mobile view, you're using the Safari browser by Apple and so you might want to do some reading online on how to use an ipad and the default Safari browser from Apple since it's not specific to this site and the maker of the device normally has the best and complete information to provide to the end-user.
Old 08-19-2018, 07:18 PM
Lotsacubes
Melting Slicks

JT, I just saw if I pull down the forum threads the old bar is hid behind the black bar with Tools, Marketplace, etc.

I must have the wrong display setting.

Thx on the link info.
Old 08-19-2018, 07:46 PM
Lotsacubes
Melting Slicks

JT, I’m just going to the forum thru Google Chrome or Safari. No app. Not sure what full or mobile views are. Thx
Old 08-19-2018, 09:45 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

JT, I just saw if I pull down the forum threads the old bar is hid behind the black bar with Tools, Marketplace, etc.

I must have the wrong display setting.

Thx on the link info.
The red navigation bar has always been at the top of each forum page and has always required the user to be near the top of the page for it to display. If the black navigation bar is in the way, then you need to scroll slightly up.

JT, I’m just going to the forum thru Google Chrome or Safari. No app. Not sure what full or mobile views are. Thx
OK. The instructions should still apply. You might want to do some reading online on how to use Google Chrome or Safari web browsers as it goes beyond the scope of this forum. Copying and pasting links should be no different on this site than any other website.

Get notified of new replies

To Where’d Advanced Search Go?

Quick Reply: Where’d Advanced Search Go?