Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

Is this a Windows 10 thing (copy/paste) ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2018, 08:30 PM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,331 Likes on 2,775 Posts

Default Is this a Windows 10 thing (copy/paste) ?

I recently bought a new all in one computer with Windows 10. The other desktop had Win 7. I’ve been getting used to the the differences, but I notice when I use the forum, I cannot highlight/Copy/Paste any more, which is weird.

It doesn’t happen in other applications, just on the forum. I have researched that Win 10 is a little weirder on this function, as in if you make too make moves before you actually “paste” it gets lost.

But something I do a lot: copy a section from the rules, bring it to a reply to a member and paste... does not work no matter what I do. It’s frustrating, as I cannot do this on my desktop now.
Old 09-30-2018, 09:35 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I use Windows 10 and copy/paste without issue. But I also use Firefox and Chrome and don't use unsupported extensions that alter the appearance or functionality - which is probably rare considering both browsers are popular in part for that ability. Don't know what browser you use. A few here and there have reported weird copy/paste issues.

The copy/paste function is part of the OS but also used through the application. For example, if you copy from an application and close it, there's a possibility the application will delete the copied data from the Windows clipboard if it's not pasted beforehand.

And you said can't highlight? That one I haven't heard before.
Old 10-01-2018, 12:02 AM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,331 Likes on 2,775 Posts

Originally Posted by J T
I use Windows 10 and copy/paste without issue. But I also use Firefox and Chrome and don't use unsupported extensions that alter the appearance or functionality - which is probably rare considering both browsers are popular in part for that ability. Don't know what browser you use. A few here and there have reported weird copy/paste issues.

The copy/paste function is part of the OS but also used through the application. For example, if you copy from an application and close it, there's a possibility the application will delete the copied data from the Windows clipboard if it's not pasted beforehand.

And you said can't highlight? That one I haven't heard before.
No, I said I can’t highlight/copy/paste. What I should have said was, I can highlight as normal, apparently copy after right clicking, but when I go to paste there’s nothing there. My lack of clarity, sorry.

Old 10-01-2018, 10:28 AM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Vettebuyer6369
No, I said I can’t highlight/copy/paste. What I should have said was, I can highlight as normal, apparently copy after right clicking, but when I go to paste there’s nothing there. My lack of clarity, sorry.

You might try a different browser. Hopefully you're not using Edge.

Like I said, I can copy paste using the big 3 (Firefox, Chrome and IE) and I'm using Windows 10 on CorvetteForum. Just did so a few minutes ago to link to a past thread. We have the same user interface, too. The contents from the copy command should be saved to your Clipboard in Windows where it temporarily is stored. There's limitations, of course and that's on Windows.

Get notified of new replies

To Is this a Windows 10 thing (copy/paste) ?