Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

Anti Virus Message unauthenticated sources

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2018, 10:16 AM
Richard Ames
Drifting

Received 204 Likes on 162 Posts

Default Anti Virus Message unauthenticated sources

I get a notice "that this page is trying to load scripts from unauthenticated sources"

n
Old 10-04-2018, 11:50 AM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Richard Ames
I get a notice "that this page is trying to load scripts from unauthenticated sources"

n
Could be false positive.
Could be an ad.
Could be content (pictures) hot-linked posted by another member and could be false positive.
Could be overly protective program or settings.

Not enough information provided. Need a link to a specific thread or page where the issue occurs. Need the exact error message displayed.

BTW, this does not mean CorvetteForum has a virus or anything like that.
Old 10-04-2018, 12:47 PM
Richard Ames
Drifting

Received 204 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by J T
Could be false positive.
Could be an ad.
Could be content (pictures) hot-linked posted by another member and could be false positive.
Could be overly protective program or settings.

Not enough information provided. Need a link to a specific thread or page where the issue occurs. Need the exact error message displayed.

BTW, this does not mean CorvetteForum has a virus or anything like that.
Random Not on Specific threads. Some of the Banner Ads seem to be blocked by the Anti Virus
Old 10-04-2018, 08:38 PM
J T
IB Staff

With the way anti-virus programs try to make sure the end-user feels they are being protected by giving off alarms and/or the trend with ads being no good, this is probably more normal.

CorvetteForum doesn't have a virus. My best guess is there is an ad or two the program doesn't like, the settings are restrictive, or perhaps there is a bad ad. If the latter, no other reports have been made and we'd need much more information to continue.
Old 10-24-2018, 08:06 AM
X-ZZ4
Team Owner

Received 28 Likes on 16 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

Originally Posted by J T
With the way anti-virus programs try to make sure the end-user feels they are being protected by giving off alarms and/or the trend with ads being no good, this is probably more normal.

CorvetteForum doesn't have a virus. My best guess is there is an ad or two the program doesn't like, the settings are restrictive, or perhaps there is a bad ad. If the latter, no other reports have been made and we'd need much more information to continue.
This is a reoccurring theme here.

No the Corvette Forum doesn't have a virus. Agreed.

But yes, Corvette Forum runs shitty and intrusive ad services.

Now I get an audible "low memory warning" and a redirect to Google Play when I visit pages with certain ads here. It's just the latest in a long trend of shitty ads.

This is really shitty. It's really lazy. And quit blaming it on the user or other causes. THIS **** ONLY HAPPENS HERE.

You might be able to explain this away to non-techies.... but us people who do this **** for a living know exactly what is going on... and that's a lack of giving a ****.

Last edited by X-ZZ4; 10-24-2018 at 08:06 AM.
Old 10-24-2018, 09:50 AM
J T
IB Staff

Originally Posted by X-ZZ4
This is really shitty. It's really lazy. And quit blaming it on the user or other causes. THIS **** ONLY HAPPENS HERE.

You might be able to explain this away to non-techies.... but us people who do this **** for a living know exactly what is going on... and that's a lack of giving a ****.
Nowhere did I blame it on the user, other than the possibility that a member posted a bad image from a bad source which can happen.

No, it doesn't "only happens here". CorvetteForum doesn't create those ads that you're speaking about. Those who are really in IT know, or any search online will show, this is a trend of "bad ads" and that it's a newer fight.

Get notified of new replies

To Anti Virus Message unauthenticated sources

Quick Reply: Anti Virus Message unauthenticated sources