Old 01-04-2019, 07:35 PM
Factoid
Le Mans Master

Received 5,519 Likes on 2,783 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Modified
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2023 C7 of the Year Winner - Modified
Default This forum has some issues

i don’t know what is going on, but this forum has gotten difficult to use. I never had an issue until a couple months ago and now most times I try to post pictures, either they don’t load or as soon as I submit, the forum jumps to the first page of the thread and looses everything I have written. All pictures, all comments, everything. I’ve lost the will to update my build thread after carefully writing and selecting pictures only to see them disappear. I wish someone would figure this out. I have not encountered this on any other forum I am on or administer.

Last edited by Factoid; 01-05-2019 at 09:14 AM. Reason: Edited given I was frustrated and unfair to the admins.
Old 01-04-2019, 10:19 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Factoid
i don’t know what the administrators are doing to this forum, but it is horrible. I never had an issue until a couple months ago and now most times I try to post pictures, as soon as I submit, the forum jumps to the first page of the thread and loses everything I have written. All pictures, all comments, everything. I’ve lost the will to update my build thread after carefully writing and selecting pictures only to see them disappear. I’m not sure why nothing is being done to address this??? No other forum I am on or administer has any of these issues, yet I see admins continue to deny there is an issue or say this is not the only forum impacted. Sad.

In general, Administrators and Moderators on CorvetteForum do not directly control the development or implementation of the software but more so oversee the forums to ensure the forums can be used by the community in a positive manner that helps each other.

Not sure what you refer to as "admins continue to deny there is an issue or say this is not the only forum impacted" in regard to posting content. I don't know about other sections, but I monitor and contribute to this Help section and have not denied there is some weird issues with the editor - especially pertaining to uploading pictures. This issue is not confined to CorvetteForum but is specific to sister sites in the network that use the same product to manage the picture uploader. The developers have been working on the issue and the complaints about the issue have decreased based on what I see as changes to the software to address those issues have been made. Some still appear to have some issues where some pictures are not being linked within the post despite they are getting uploaded to the server and some report losing some comments when adding them alongside the pictures during the picture upload process.

One specific issue where I've had to frequently state the issue is not confined to CorvetteForum nor confined to sister sites in the network is the "congratulations" pop-up ads on mobile devices because there has been some who report "it only happens on CorvetteForum". While that may be their own experience, it is not an accurate summary or conclusion. That specific issue is in fact a large scale issue for other websites that use advertisements that have no relation to CorvetteForum nor its parent company. A Google search even confirms that to be the case. For that specific issue, our team is trying to do what they can as it applies for our network to help mitigate that issue.

To be honest, I've not heard of a report such as yours where you lose all content and are directed to the first page of a thread.

I'll check on a status update on those known issues. But if you want assistance, you'll need to provide some additional information. Such as what you're using to access and post content with (operating system, browser, browser version, extensions, security software), etc. Are you getting logged out and that is causing you to lose all content?
Old 01-04-2019, 11:00 PM
Factoid
Le Mans Master

Thank you and I appreciate you looking past my frustration. I had the pop up issue, although it seems to be resolved as I had it every time I visited the forum just before Christmas and not at all now. I frequent four other forums and have never had the frustration of lost pictures the way I do here. Reminds me of the Photobucket debacle. It now happens about 75% of the time and it doesn’t matter if I load one or multiple pictures or if I comment on the pictures or not. Since I read MANY comments from members unable to post pictures, I guess none of them bother to report it and I’m just a squeaky wheel.
Old 01-16-2019, 05:53 PM
Factoid
Le Mans Master

This issue persists and I am losing interest in posting updates on my build thread.

I will try to answer your questions. I’m using an iPad with IOS 12.1.1. I use Safari and Google is my search engine. I can provide no more detail than that unless you tell me where to find it. I don’t get logged out. I get dumped back to the first page of the thread and everything I have typed and pictures I have just waited to load are lost. It’s as if I didn’t post a thing.

I use this same iPad on other forums with zero issues.
Old 01-16-2019, 08:29 PM
J T
IB Staff

This issue persists and I am losing interest in posting updates on my build thread.

I will try to answer your questions. I’m using an iPad with IOS 12.1.1. I use Safari and Google is my search engine. I can provide no more detail than that unless you tell me where to find it. I don’t get logged out. I get dumped back to the first page of the thread and everything I have typed and pictures I have just waited to load are lost. It’s as if I didn’t post a thing.

I use this same iPad on other forums with zero issues.
Do you have any extensions, add-ons, in the browser?

It does not tell us anything that the issue doesn't occur on other forums. Each forum can basically be different from one to the next. Different plugins, different configuration files, different servers, ect. Also, CorvetteForum and most sites with the network use a different uploader. That's because the previous uploader was designed nearly 20 years ago when accessing and using forums was quite different.

I'll find out from some of our team who also uses iOS but I'd first suggest checking to make sure you're not using any extensions/add-ons in the browser that might cause this specific issue. Although some have reported issues with the uploader, and some have found resolution, your issue is different from all cases I've heard and worked on.
Old 01-16-2019, 08:47 PM
malexand123
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

Try going to....

UserCP -> Edit options -> Infinite scroll

and about 2/3 down the page

Try setting the radio button next to “Disable Infinite Scroll”

i was having weird behavior like described here. Turning this feature to disabled solved it for me.
Old 01-16-2019, 09:17 PM
Factoid
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by malexand123
Try going to....

UserCP -> Edit options -> Infinite scroll

and about 2/3 down the page

Try setting the radio button next to “Disable Infinite Scroll”

i was having weird behavior like described here. Turning this feature to disabled solved it for me.
I meant to turn that annoying feature off a long time ago, but never got around to it. So, I just did and everything worked perfectly and my pictures posted!

Thank you for the suggestion, I hope this is behind me!
Old 01-16-2019, 09:18 PM
malexand123
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

I meant to turn that annoying feature off a long time ago, but never got around to it. So, I just did and everything worked perfectly and my pictures posted!

Glad to help!
Old 01-16-2019, 09:48 PM
J T
IB Staff

Like I said, this is the first time I've heard of this specific issue and don't recall anyone posting about it here in the Help section. But with that additional information, we'll get with the team to see if this is a bug that can be properly addressed.

Thanks.
Old 01-21-2019, 09:41 AM
Factoid
Le Mans Master

So, ever since I turned off auto scroll, which I hate anyway, I have had zero issues. The primary reason I find autoscroll so irritating is that if I click on the last page of a multi page thread and read down the page, but just happen to want to look again at the last post on the page, the moment I scroll up ever so slightly, it jumps to the previous page (back at least 20 posts). I fail to see how that is a beneficial feature.

Get notified of new replies

To This forum has gone to hell

Quick Reply: This forum has gone to hell