Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

Curious about thread closing and banning

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2019, 03:05 PM
DWillys
Burning Brakes

Received 245 Likes on 174 Posts
Default Curious about thread closing and banning

Watching another thread go bad in the General Discussion area and I'm wondering. To add context, the thread I'm watching wen't off topic and started to get political. A moderator came in and cleaned it up with a warning to stop posting political stuff. Within a short while a couple members posted more political stuff. The moderator came back in and cleaned it up and again warned users to stop it. Within a couple hours another member posted another political post. The thread will likely be locked down.

I'm wondering why the mods don't just impose a temporary ban on the members that can't follow the rules?

And please don't take this political too.
Old 01-11-2019, 03:15 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

For Moderator concerns, please contact the Moderator directly via PM. Since you're aware of the Moderator given they posted a warning, you can access their profile and then send them a PM.

Moderator topics, in general, are not discussed in open forum - even this Help section. Moderator topics should be discussed in PM or email with the Moderator(s) or Administrators.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...and-rules-109/

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...questions.html

Thanks.
Old 01-11-2019, 03:20 PM
WICKEDFRC
Race Director

Received 1,652 Likes on 738 Posts

Originally Posted by DWillys
Watching another thread go bad in the General Discussion area and I'm wondering. To add context, the thread I'm watching wen't off topic and started to get political. A moderator came in and cleaned it up with a warning to stop posting political stuff. Within a short while a couple members posted more political stuff. The moderator came back in and cleaned it up and again warned users to stop it. Within a couple hours another member posted another political post. The thread will likely be locked down.

I'm wondering why the mods don't just impose a temporary ban on the members that can't follow the rules?

And please don't take this political too.

Oh, they do. Believe me. Hahaha
Old 01-11-2019, 03:26 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

As information has been provided to the concern, this topic will be closed so it does not continue to become a public discussion about Moderation - which is not without our Guidelines.

Thanks.

Get notified of new replies

To Curious about thread closing and banning

Quick Reply: Curious about thread closing and banning