Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

Why do some of my posts require mod approval?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2019, 01:04 PM
Vincent_V
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why do some of my posts require mod approval?

I started two threads asking for advice, and most of my posts show up immediately. But a few of them, seemingly at random, say that they won't show up until approved by a moderator. Does anyone know what causes this? Is there something in particular that triggers it?

It's not a huge deal, but it sorta screws up the conversation I'm having by not showing my reply while other's in the thread continue responding.
Old 01-15-2019, 01:13 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

CorvetteForum uses some resources to help control spam. Some content is more subject to getting flagged as possible spam requiring manual review and approval by staff. We can't disclose exactly what triggers the spam filter to flag content as spam, as that would defeat the purpose, but know that using CorvetteForum for its intended purpose for a length of time makes the account less subject to getting flagged posts.
Old 01-15-2019, 05:09 PM
Vincent_V
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by J T
CorvetteForum uses some resources to help control spam. Some content is more subject to getting flagged as possible spam requiring manual review and approval by staff. We can't disclose exactly what triggers the spam filter to flag content as spam, as that would defeat the purpose, but know that using CorvetteForum for its intended purpose for a length of time makes the account less subject to getting flagged posts.
Okay, thanks for the explanation.
Old 09-14-2021, 12:06 PM
njvt13
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been posting on various subjects. A few of my posts had to be approved by moderators, however, they never were. I've checked the threads for days after and they never post. Is this a glitch or an oversight?
Old 09-14-2021, 12:08 PM
njvt13
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by J T
I've been posting on various subjects. A few of my posts had to be approved by moderators, however, they never were. I've checked the threads for days after and they never post. Is this a glitch or an oversight?
Old 09-14-2021, 03:02 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by njvt13
At the time of this reply you show no pending posts in Moderation.

No, there is no known issue of posts being lost and there hasn't been any similar reports.

Get notified of new replies

To Why do some of my posts require mod approval?

Quick Reply: Why do some of my posts require mod approval?