Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

help posting pics

Old 01-19-2019, 12:50 PM
cdw
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts
Default help posting pics

can't post pic anymore and it looks like i'm not alone.i'm not very computer literate so here goes my routine. i log in. i click my initials in the upper right corner and select private messages. click on sender i want to send a pic to. click on reply. select the icon on the left of the smiley face to get to what i thought would be insert. thats where i'm beat.image properties pop up comes up with the letters URL space. this new way is not working for me. where am i going wrong?
Old 01-19-2019, 02:53 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cdw
can't post pic anymore and it looks like i'm not alone.i'm not very computer literate so here goes my routine. i log in. i click my initials in the upper right corner and select private messages. click on sender i want to send a pic to. click on reply. select the icon on the left of the smiley face to get to what i thought would be insert. thats where i'm beat.image properties pop up comes up with the letters URL space. this new way is not working for me. where am i going wrong?
The forum has never supported the ability to attach/upload files to the server when sending PMs. What you describe above is how it has been for the last several years in regard to PMs. You must already have the file somewhere online if you want to share it in a PM.
Old 01-19-2019, 06:35 PM
cdw
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

my pics are on my laptop. what i'm trying to say is how do i send them to a forum member. did not see any instructions as to do that. i have managed to attach pics on other forums but not this one. somebody knows how. thanks
Old 01-19-2019, 07:19 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by cdw
my pics are on my laptop. what i'm trying to say is how do i send them to a forum member. did not see any instructions as to do that. i have managed to attach pics on other forums but not this one. somebody knows how. thanks
The PM system does not support uploading. So the first step you must do is upload them online. Either on CorvetteForum or any of the numerous hosting options online.

You can upload them to your album. Go to UserCP, Pictures & Albums, Create Album and then follow the instructions on screen. Once the pictures are uploaded, each will have a Share button with a BB code that you can paste inside a PM to link to them.

We encourage members to take the time to explore the forum. There is no Delete My Account, no Brick My Computer or Server, so simply exploring the site will allow you to find how to use the forum. There's also several stickies and announcements that also help cover frequently asked questions and information.
Old 01-20-2019, 10:08 AM
cdw
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by J T
The PM system does not support uploading. So the first step you must do is upload them online. Either on CorvetteForum or any of the numerous hosting options online.

You can upload them to your album. Go to UserCP, Pictures & Albums, Create Album and then follow the instructions on screen. Once the pictures are uploaded, each will have a Share button with a BB code that you can paste inside a PM to link to them.

We encourage members to take the time to explore the forum. There is no Delete My Account, no Brick My Computer or Server, so simply exploring the site will allow you to find how to use the forum. There's also several stickies and announcements that also help cover frequently asked questions and information.
thank you

Get notified of new replies

To help posting pics

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: help posting pics