Help Forum How To | General Corvetteforum Questions | Feedback

Lost CF Connection with Microsoft Edge - Back Now Using Google Chrome - Anyone Else?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2019, 05:51 PM
Vet65te
Le Mans Master

Received 1,032 Likes on 671 Posts

Default Lost CF Connection with Microsoft Edge - Back Now Using Google Chrome - Anyone Else?

As of about 3 days ago, when I tried activating the link in my Favorites to the Corvette Forum, I wound up with this error message...

Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.

At first, thought it had to be a problem with the CF but decided to try another Browser, Google Chrome and now all is good again.

No idea why this happened, anyone else out there find themselves shut out recently...due to their browser?

Thanks,
Mike T - Prescott AZ
Old 02-11-2019, 05:57 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Try deleting your browser cache and cookies. If CorvetteForum is set as Favorite, as you indicate, you need to make sure Preserve Favorites Data is not checked when clearing cache and cookies.
Old 02-11-2019, 07:41 PM
Vet65te
Le Mans Master

Received 1,032 Likes on 671 Posts

I'll check that out, thanks.
Mike T - Prescott AZ
Old 02-11-2019, 08:33 PM
OLE442
Safety Car

Location: Way too effing close to the city.......NRA Life Member!
Received 268 Likes on 172 Posts
2022 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Yeah, mine started with the same error message in Microsoft Edge but I just open it up in the old Internet Explorer and it works OK! Grandpa doesn't want to start deleting histories and cookies because with my luck, other crap will eff up! The weird thing was, it worked like old times for about 4 hours one day and then went back to the error message.
Old 02-11-2019, 08:44 PM
J T
IB Staff

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yes, as OLE442 pointed out, doing so will remove saved preferences per websites that are stored in cookies as well as automatic logins to websites.

Some browsers allow deletion of cookies per website. Edge does not appear to be one of those browsers as it's all or nothing.

Assuming the saved link is correct, it's almost certainly a corrupt data with the cookies/cache of the browser.

Get notified of new replies

To Lost CF Connection with Microsoft Edge - Back Now Using Google Chrome - Anyone Else?

Quick Reply: Lost CF Connection with Microsoft Edge - Back Now Using Google Chrome - Anyone Else?